pixeltracker

Broadway Stars popping Up On TV- Page 2

Broadway Stars popping Up On TV

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#25Broadway Stars popping Up On TV
Posted: 3/4/16 at 1:43pm

I just watched the season premiere of House of Cards earlier today, and it has Kevin Spacey, Sebastian Arcelus, and Cicely Tyson.

According to IMDB, Broadway veteran Donnie Kehr is on Episode 9 this season.

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#26Broadway Stars popping Up On TV
Posted: 3/4/16 at 1:45pm

I second all the praise for The Good Wife. I'm constantly surprised and amazed by the Broadway talent they wrangle in. :)

jkstheatrescene Profile Photo
jkstheatrescene
#27Broadway Stars popping Up On TV
Posted: 3/4/16 at 1:54pm

Mercedes Ruehl was on a recent episode of Life in Pieces, which also features Diane Wiest and Thomas Sadosky in the regular cast.  Colin Hanks has done Broadway, too.

Gregory Jbara, Len Cariou and Tom Selleck are all on Blue Bloods as regular cast members.  I've also seen Alice Ripley and Bebe Neuwirth on that show as well.

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#28Broadway Stars popping Up On TV
Posted: 3/4/16 at 2:01pm

It's no longer on TV, but I'm watching 'Nurse Jackie' on Netflix and there is practically a Broadway star on every episode. Laura Benanti and Julie White (in recurring roles), Gregory Jbara, Harvey Fierstein, Kevin Cahoon, Celie Keenan-Bolger, Brenda Braxton just to name a few. TONS of familiar faces, and a very interesting/funny show too.

Updated On: 3/4/16 at 02:01 PM

illiniparkie Profile Photo
illiniparkie
#29Broadway Stars popping Up On TV
Posted: 3/4/16 at 2:58pm

Just in the past few weeks I caught Nikki M. James, John Cariani, and Gabriel Ebert on "The Blacklist".  And Harry Lennix, who is a regular on that series, is a well known stage actor out of Chicago.

Updated On: 3/4/16 at 02:58 PM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#30Broadway Stars popping Up On TV
Posted: 3/8/16 at 12:47pm

Add to those previously listed in this thread, add the following:

Both recurring roles on Gotham

B D Wong - Mad Scientist/Doctor

Tonya Pinkins - His female Igor character

Steven Pasquale - Billions

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 3/8/16 at 12:47 PM