News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for FANtomFollies

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
Member Name: FANtomFollies
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What Next For The Majestic?  Apr 19 2024, 04:48:00 PM

What Next For The Majestic?  Apr 19 2024, 04:47:22 PM

What Next For The Majestic?  Apr 19 2024, 04:46:43 PM

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway  Apr 18 2024, 06:25:51 PM

I splurged and got premium seats for this - has anyone seen a show at the St. James and done a package with the VIP lounge access? Curious what the experience was like and where the room is in the theater. Does the lounge have it's own restrooms? Any info is appreciated :)

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 18 2024, 08:32:50 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "ATG is all about selling as much alcohol to people in the theater as humanly possible so I’m sure things like this won’t be exactly uncommon."

In combination with performers entering/exiting through the audience, a low stage and an immersive environment. Maybe people think they don't have to behave like they are at a Broadway show when it no longer looks or feels like a Broadway show?

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 17 2024, 10:24:50 PM

Apparently an audience member walked up to the stage and grabbed Eddie Redmayne's costume tonight? Anybody there to give any more details?

Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy  Apr 14 2024, 08:03:49 PM

Her performance is truly incredible. I knew her vocals would be great but I was completely unprepared for her acting ability. Absolutely knocked my socks off.

THE WIZ Previews  Apr 11 2024, 01:06:05 PM

tomwsjr said: "I don’t understand why does ScheleWilliams keeps getting high profile directingjobs, her work is really terrible. Who is hiring her??????"

I have 2 theories, and they may both be true. One is I think she must be good friends with several producers, and my second is that she is a lovely person and lots of fun to work with. I think we can all relate to knowing people who aren't very talented/skilled but if you have the right friends and have a

John Napier's Brilliant Set Designs for the original SUNSET BOULEVARD  Apr 10 2024, 11:23:02 PM

Napier's designs remain in a league all their own.

I have to say, even though the new Sunset coming to Broadway is super minimalist there are moments and visuals that made my jaw drop when I saw the show in London. I think most of the people complaining of it being scaled down have not seen it. 

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway  Apr 10 2024, 01:10:04 PM

QueenAlice said: "Mandy might be great but it is going to be very difficult to fill the St James Theatre once a week on her name. I was sort of expecting the alternate to be someone with a little more of a following."

Like who? I feel like she is known enough in the Broadway community to sell one show a week. Was Rachel Tucker more well known?

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway  Apr 10 2024, 01:02:57 PM

TaffyDavenport said: "Someone on ATC posted about how they'd like to see Mandy Gonzalez as Norma after hearing her sing "As If We Never Said Goodbye" at her concert, and a response was “ding ding ding,” like that was the correct answer to the alternate question. No idea ifthere’s any validity to it, but has anyone else heard rumblings about Mandy?"

No idea, but I feel like she would be perfect in this production.

THE WIZ Previews  Apr 9 2024, 12:24:28 PM

YvanEhtNioj said: "CurtainsUpat8 said: ""For today's audiences, this production may be just fine."
This sums up 80 percent of Broadway Shows in one sentence. Our standards have dropped so low. I have been going to Broadway for 50 years.
"

I think they are banking on the fact that this is a classic to my fellow black people. the average black american grew up with The Wiz and doesnt know good theatre (no shade). They are

THE GREAT GATSBY Broadway Previews  Apr 9 2024, 08:39:42 AM

rachelfran said: "I won the lottery for tonight and the seat is rear mezz E3 and I'm not happy about it. There are so many empty seats and I had checked Reddit and saw everyone that posted their wins had orchestra or front mezz row A. Everyone said they had a good view.
I don't know if I'll go or not.
"

Were you able to see which seat you got before you purchased?

THE GREAT GATSBY Broadway Previews  Apr 8 2024, 09:03:44 PM

Has anyone won the digital lottery for this? I'm wondering how difficult a win it is and also where winning seats are located.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 5 2024, 01:12:09 PM

Plexsis said: "What are the chances of this cast getting a recording? I’m assuming slim to none (with the excuse of having Eddie Redmayne’s live performance on an album already).

However, with the rest of the cast being brand new (and including theater legend Bebe Neuwirth in a role people are already giving her raves for) I’d love to see this be in the works.
"

I feel like with Eddie's contract being so short, if anything they will wa

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 5 2024, 10:20:15 AM

Broadway Flash said: "The ripped stockings, sallys pink feather boa, her all black ensemble for mein herr, the brown fur coat, her black slip at the end, emcees trench coat. The costumesfelt more naturalistic to the time than some of the funky colors I’m seeing in this revival."

I haven't seen the production yet, but having seen all of their promo pics from London, I think it's safe to say that visually this production is not completely period-speci

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 4 2024, 09:25:07 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "Also to me, "Maybe This Time" doesn't have the same impact whenperformedby a young Sally. It's always read to me as a song sung by a woman who's been THROUGH IT and a lot."

I completely agree and that's part of what I really like about casting Gayle as Sally. I know she's only 34 but I like that she is not in her 20's and doesn't look it - especially for the 1920's/30's she would have been consi

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway  Apr 3 2024, 09:25:07 PM

Robbie2 said: "Any idea who's the alternate Norma and which night?"

No word on who, but the alternate will perform on Tuesdays starting after opening night. When you go to purchase tickets for those dates a message is on the page. I'm dying to know who the alternate will be.

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway  Apr 3 2024, 01:58:11 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Please, thank you! :)"

Just sent you a PM. 

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway  Apr 3 2024, 01:27:40 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Is there a phone number for them?"

Yes, the Seat Geek help account on Twitter gave me one. Do you need it?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You