News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for FANtomFollies

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
Member Name: FANtomFollies
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

ONCE UPON A MATTRESS Previews
 Jul 22 2024, 06:58:52 PM

Has a lottery or rush been announced for this? I'd like to see it but want to spend as little as possible.

Telecharge interactive seating map issues?
 Jul 21 2024, 09:42:51 PM

Yep the site is just terrible now. I wish they would do something similar to the format Today Tix uses. Color coded seats that correspond to prices. You don't even really need to zoom at all because you can see at once easily what seats are still available and how much they cost. 

Cast Replacements
 Jul 19 2024, 11:38:20 AM

Does anyone know how long the current cast is planning on staying on Broadway? I'm thinking of going in late September and am hoping the cast is the same.

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
 Jul 19 2024, 08:46:32 AM

New look at the Majestic renovation.

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway
 Jul 18 2024, 01:29:43 PM

Fabulous casting and I will be going again on a Tuesday to see her performance.

THE QUEEN OF VERSAILLES musical will have pre-Bway tryout this summer in Boston
 Jul 17 2024, 08:03:44 AM

itsahopi said: "DramaTeach said: "I actually love that it was 3 1/2. This is an old-school out of town tryout. They’re throwing everything against the wall to see what sticks before they make big changes. Seems like nowadays nobody wants to part with their material, so I like that Schwartz and co. aren’t precious and are willing to make those necessary changes. I wish them lots of luck!"

who said they are willing to part with their material?

Jul 16 2024, 07:22:22 PM

dan94 said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "IfMusicaldudepeter's unsubstantiated rumor is to be believed, it's a Tonywinnerwho has done drag."

A couple other names that fit the bill (if not at all likely) and if "Tony Winner" and "has done drag" aren't mutually exclusive:

Billy Crudup - did drag in a movie
Sean Hayes - did drag in a movie
Roger Bart - did Madonna drag in a movie
D

Jul 13 2024, 08:32:11 AM

Theatrefan2 said: "Broadway Flash said: "She’s dating Tom Francis"

Who is? Nicole certainly isn't.

Nicole has been dating former Rugby player Thom Evans for many years, and they are now engaged.

Tom Francis is her co-star only.
"

Flash is talking about Hannah Yun Chamberlain (who played young Norma in London). It seems pretty obvious from Tom Francis' instagram that he is dating her.

Music Man 2000 Revival Cast Recording
 Jul 12 2024, 02:34:29 PM

Also Spotify only has the Highlights from the Original London Cast Recording of Miss Saigon.

OH, MARY! Reviews
 Jul 12 2024, 10:37:40 AM

Anyone know if they have seats set aside for lottery/rush or is it only available if the show isn't sold out?

TERF - Joshua Kaplan-penned play about JK Rowling to premiere at Edinburgh Fringe
 Jul 11 2024, 10:47:26 AM

binau said: "I think trans activists (who are not the same thing as trans people, or at least the trans people I know who just want to live their lives) might need to start re-thinking their approach. It seems to be making things worse, not better."

You are entitled to your opinion, but I believe things are getting worse because trans people can no longer be brushed aside and ignored. They are in all parts of life including mainstream media and their voices are being

Shorts in the theater
 Jul 10 2024, 04:12:19 PM

Just bumping this because something messed up with the posting time of the previous comment so the thread disappeared. 

Imelda Staunton Hello, Dolly starts tonight!
 Jul 10 2024, 02:53:10 PM

Interesting that she apparently sang the title song in the traditional red dress during rehearsal but people have reported she now wears a green one. I wonder why the change?

Shorts in the theater
 Jul 10 2024, 08:33:45 AM

If you are looking to wear shorts but still feel a little fancy, my tip is to wear them with loafers. Just looks instantly more put together but still staying cool.

City Center’s MATTRESS transferring to Broadway this summer
 Jul 8 2024, 04:51:25 PM

TheatreMonkey said: "Broadway Flash said: "Harriet Harris was the best thing about this production. I don’t think Ana Gasteyer will be nearly as good. Shes too average mom, not evil villain."

Yet again, do youknowwho Ana Gasteyer is?!
"

Right?!? Imagine thinking Ana Gasteyer can only do 1 thing.

Jul 7 2024, 04:27:56 PM

Kad said: "I've been let down by Broderick onstage too many times to even muster excitement for that, even as a hypothetical."

I've been let down by him in everything since 'The Producers'. I find him to be a strange combination of annoying with the presence of a wet rag. 

Jul 7 2024, 12:20:22 PM

Dan6 said: "Wouldn’t J. Harrison Ghee also be on that list?"

It was confirmed earlier Herbie will be played by a white actor.

Jul 6 2024, 03:46:33 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "I’m curious to see if the West End ensemble comes over too."

I'd be shocked if they transfer the UK ensemble. That gets extremely expensive and few people could justify that it's worth the money.MAYBEa dance captain or one or two people, but not the whole company.
"

Yea I agree. I do wish they would bring over the actress who played young Norma, as I found her to have amazing

Jul 4 2024, 03:28:46 PM

SisterGeorge said: "Yes, her voice is as luscious and gorgeous as ever, but I'm having trouble imaginingit fitting the Gypsy score and character. "

I would urge you to watch some clips from her in 'Lady Day'. She's far more versatile than most people think and has the ability to sound completely different from her classical soprano for which she is known. 

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Jul 4 2024, 08:40:16 AM

tacotheatrelover said: "This is so very random but tonight I rewatched a few movies, all of which staringZach Galifianakis, and after my binge watchingI genuinely think he could pull off the emcee. Call me crazy, Call me mad, But I want this man as the emcee now. If Eddie Redmayne can do it, I'd say let the man who voiced the Lego joker do it. I want this so bad."

100% agree. I was never a fan until I watched 'Baskets'. He's got way more range than I

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You