News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jeffrey Karasarides

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Member Name: Jeffrey Karasarides
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: https://www.karereviews.net/
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Disney+ developing Once on this Island film adaptation  May 4 2024, 04:56:22 PM

I'm currently catching up with last week's episode of Broadway Names with Julie James on SiriusXM. Jocelyn Bioh was the guest, and she said this project is still in the works.

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  May 2 2024, 08:25:46 AM

ElephantLoveMedley said: "Best Actress is going to be such a nailbiter. I would predict, without question, Kelli's second win if Days...was still running, but the show being closed for months now really hurts her odds."

As well as the fact that it's not even nominated for Best Musical. Those factors pretty much prevented her from winning for The Bridges of Madison County in 2014.

2024 Outer Critics Circle Nominations & Awards  Apr 23 2024, 07:04:40 PM

MemorableUserName said: "Bebe being the only nominee for Cabaret is perfect."

Cabaret is also nominated for Outstanding Revival of a Musical. So make that two nominations.

2024 Outer Critics Circle Nominations & Awards  Apr 23 2024, 07:02:31 PM

Sauja said: "CoffeeBreak said: "

It's good the the acting categories are at 5-6 nominees after de-gendering them. Every other category in awards are de-gendered with similar nominations.

Actors should receive no more, or less,than any other contributor to a show, male or female, or in number of possible nominations. If it's about equality, it's going in the right direction to give equality to the awards, in general.

The Tonys shou

Tony Awards Eligibility 2023-2024  Apr 20 2024, 10:09:47 AM

dramamama611 said: "I'm confused about the ruling for Des McAnuff. I thought you couldn't be nominated for the exact same thing if you've already won? (Director of Tommy) Does that only apply to actors? Or am I totally not understanding that caveat? Or even just delusional about any rules about this?"

Since this revival of The Who’s Tommy is not a remounting of the original production and has completely different staging, that’s likel

Who Deserves the Next Lifetime Achievement Tony Award?  Mar 26 2024, 03:28:49 PM

In my latest piece for Gold Derby, I’ve provided a poll asking people which male Broadway veteran deserves the next Lifetime Achievement Tony Award. Among the options are…

Harvey Fierstein
John Guare
John Lithgow
Terrence Mann
Trevor Nunn
Austin Pendleton
Tim Rice
Charles Strouse
Jonathan Tunick
Alfred Uhry

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2024/tonys-lifetime-achievement-award-poll-men/

Who Deserves the Next Lifetime Achievement Tony Award?  Mar 25 2024, 02:35:17 PM

In my latest piece for Gold Derby, I’ve provided a poll asking people which female Broadway veteran deserves the next Lifetime Achievement Tony Award. Among the options are…

Debbie Allen
Patricia Birch
Stockard Channing
Glenn Close
Adrienne Kennedy
Carol Lawrence
Donna McKechnie
Liza Minnelli
Vanessa Redgrave
Lillias White

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2024/tonys-lifetime-achievement-award-poll-women/

The LES MIS movie is much better than I remembered (2024 re-release)  Feb 28 2024, 08:37:08 AM

CATSNYrevival said: "I similarly rewatched the Phantom of the Opera movie recently and found that to be better than I remembered too. I can't remember why I disliked it so much when it was first released."

I'm the opposite. I really loved Joel Schumacher's Phantom of the Opera when I first saw it back in middle school. Although when I last watched it almost a year ago, it really did not hold up for me at all. You can read my full thoughts in the link below.

THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA (2004) Movie Review

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 27 2024, 09:10:08 AM

I'd be shocked if Universal decides to move up the release date for Part Two. Producing one big budget VFX heavy film alone can be very time consuming, especially in post-production. The filmmakers likely won't even begin post on that until shortly after Part One is completed.

FOLLIES Movie Adaptation in the Works!!  Feb 14 2024, 02:35:58 PM

Georgeanddot2 said: "I think Spielberg directed the f*ck out of West Side Story and I do think the material would be a good choice for him. He's also probably the only director who could get the budget that this would require. And the book probably needs work, so Kushner could fix it up a bit."

Spielberg has said that West Side Story will be the only musical he'll ever direct. Although he is interested in making more as producer only.
https://www.indiewire.com/features/general/steven-spielberg-done-directing-musicals-west-side-story-1234709691/

Wicked Movie Musical Teaser  Feb 14 2024, 02:30:47 PM

WICKED Cast Recording Streams Increase Ahead of New Film

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 11 2024, 07:28:08 PM

Interestingly enough, I’ve seen a couple people on Twitter mention that they were personally underwhelmed by the visuals. Kevin Jacobsen of Entertainment Weekly said "I wish it didn’t look like those Disney live-action remakes." Dan Bayer of Next Best Picture (who didn't like Janusz Kaminski's cinematography in Steven Spielberg's West Side Story) said "it looks about as ugly as I feared it was gonna look…"

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 11 2024, 06:56:10 PM

Theatre Fan3 said: "Interesting that the title was listed as simply "WICKED" ... no mention of "Part 1" or any other subtitle."

This could be similar to how the previous Dune film was advertised. Only includes 'Part One' in the official movie, but excluded from the marketing.

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 10 2024, 05:08:05 PM

According to Daniel Richtman, a trailer of some kind is complete. He doesn't know if it'll be released tomorrow, but there is one ready.

And the Tony Almost Went to...  Feb 7 2024, 01:20:04 PM

For the 2022 edition of ‘And the Tony Almost Went to…’, I settled on MJ as the runner-up to A Strange Loop. Today, we’re going to look into whether or not it could’ve actually been Six.

How Close Were They?: SIX

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 6 2024, 08:54:32 AM

WldKingdomHM said: "They should do it at the Oscars. Have everyone present it."

If the Oscars were being broadcast on NBC (flagship property of Universal), I think we'd likely get a TV spot for Wicked. But they're on ABC (flagship property of Disney).

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 6 2024, 08:44:23 AM

Daniel Richtman just updated his post based on new info he's heard. It doesn't look like there'll be a Super Bowl spot for Wicked.

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 5 2024, 06:15:09 PM

According to Daniel Richtman, he heard that we'll be getting our first look at the film through a TV spot that's set to debut during the Super Bowl.

Disney will launch North American tour of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST in 2025, Broadway stop next?  Jan 25 2024, 08:49:58 PM

The Distinctive Baritone said: "Is this an Equity tour, or is it going to be like the old BATB tours with a cast of twenty-somethings who have never appeared in anything except for college and community theatre productions?"

It is worth noting that this will be the first Disney-produced stage production of Beauty & the Beast to launch in North America in over two decades. So I'm guessing the former.

Stephanie J. Block in Kiss Me, Kate – London  Jan 17 2024, 08:52:57 AM

Then again, we've had 2 Broadway revivals of La Cage aux Folles that took place within 5 years. Same with Gypsy.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You