pixeltracker

Question For Those Who've Seen SHUFFLE ALONG- Page 2

Question For Those Who've Seen SHUFFLE ALONG

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#25Question For Those Who've Seen SHUFFLE ALONG
Posted: 4/28/16 at 3:22pm

Side note - Am I the only one who waited for and hoped the whole night that Audra would say "F.E., you're goin' crazy!"

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#26Question For Those Who've Seen SHUFFLE ALONG
Posted: 4/28/16 at 6:08pm

Whizzer's breakdown of the former Act II helps explain a lot of what we found missing. Brian Stokes Mitchell's character in particular was such a confusing cypher for most of the show for me. He seemed to be the book writer to start with-- but wait, there he was hiring and firing cast members, and running things at the out-of-town tryout tour like a producer would. It wasn't till the Act II dressing room scene that I really understood that he was appearing onstage every night in black face as well. What a shame that they never found a way to pull off that half-black face number for him in Act II that's gone now-- sounds like if they had, then HE would have had the heartbreaking arc that I was looking for and never really got in the second half of this show.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#27Question For Those Who've Seen SHUFFLE ALONG
Posted: 4/28/16 at 6:15pm

I saw the show when that number remained, and it really didn't resolve any of your problems with the character.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."