Mistakes on cast albums

DooWahDiddy Profile Photo
DooWahDiddy
#75Mistakes on cast albums
Posted: 8/29/19 at 5:46pm

That's bizarre, because they even recreated that flub in "The People vs. OJ Simpson".  Not sure what kind of video would edit that out.

A cast recording, however, is another matter.  Just like a typo in a novel being corrected in future printings, I could see them fixing a mistake.  I can't for the life of me hear the "d" on Adam Pascal's "I have always loved you" in Your Eyes, but I'm not sure if they ever fixed that.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#76Mistakes on cast albums
Posted: 8/19/23 at 5:07pm

Anyone got newer flubs on recent cast recordings? Charlie Webbs voice notably cracks during “the old red hills of home” on the parade revival cast album.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Rentaholic2
#77Mistakes on cast albums
Posted: 8/20/23 at 12:28am

Thanks for reviving this thread, it’s a hoot. 

Here’s a more recent one:  At the very end of Friend Like Me, genie is supposed to say “give me a doggy bag—I’m takin it home!”  On the cast album, he drops the “I’m”.  I don’t think this was intentional, because he says “I’m” in the Tony Awards performance, and it sounds worse without it. 

QueenTwinnied
#78Mistakes on cast albums
Posted: 8/20/23 at 6:21am

Fun thread. I searched through it to see if someone brought up the SCREEECH at the end of the Wicked Finale song. It drives me crazy whenever I hear it 

Similarly I’m surprised no one has mentioned the finale song of Legally Blonde which also has a very LOUD and flat final note on “you guys.” The mixing is awful. It sounds perfect in the opening number but not so much in the finale.