pixeltracker

Sutton Foster to lead SWEET CHARITY Off-Broadway Revival!- Page 6

Sutton Foster to lead SWEET CHARITY Off-Broadway Revival!

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#125Sutton Foster to lead SWEET CHARITY Off-Broadway Revival!
Posted: 10/24/16 at 1:36pm

MazingerZ said: "What is it so exciting about The New Group taking government, private donations and foundations monies, to do a show that first opened 50 years ago, and has been revived in NYC repeatedly as short as 10 years ago on Broadway and a noted production in Harlem a few years ago at Aaron Davis Hall?  What is so innovative, riske and avant about that?  They should be using all that money to produce new work by emerging writers, and providing opportunities to new designers and emerging actors, rather than throwing away monies at producing lavish showcases for themselves and their friends.  There are so many great, small theater companies in NY that do great work and get no support, and the New Group, Roundabout, Lincoln Center and the likes, get thousands to do what??  Produce revivals and hire stars to produce limited engagements that only their subscribers and a few get to see? "

While I don't disagree with the point you're making, New Group is not as well known as Roundabout and Lincoln Center. This production has and will continue to put them on a lot of folks' radar who otherwise would've never heard of them, which will widen the scope of the audiences they're able to reach with their other work. Give a little, take a little. 

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#126Sutton Foster to lead SWEET CHARITY Off-Broadway Revival!
Posted: 10/24/16 at 2:51pm

Bummer. I was hoping for a rush. I'll only be in the city for three days, so a lotto isn't exactly the best option. 

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#127Sutton Foster to lead SWEET CHARITY Off-Broadway Revival!
Posted: 10/24/16 at 4:29pm

I always did wonder when and where somebody made the correlation that the more minimalism (pardon the oxymoron), the greater the artistic value...

Nevertheless, I'll be reading the reviews for this with bells on!

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com