pixeltracker

Hamilton Film Adaptation?- Page 2

Hamilton Film Adaptation?

aaaaaa15
#25Hamilton Film Adaptation?
Posted: 5/19/16 at 10:42pm

Well Hamilton is shorter than Les Mis anyway so they would have time to work with. 

I understand what people are saying but I think if they embraced the theatricality of it and made it almost a surreal/dreamlike film then it could work well.

Updated On: 5/19/16 at 10:42 PM

aaaaaa15
#26Hamilton Film Adaptation?
Posted: 5/19/16 at 10:45pm

Realistically though there's no way this wont be a film one day. Lin tried super hard to get In the Heights as a film and this is something else entirely. There's no reason why we can't have a film AND a filmed version of the Broadway cast (Rent, POTO etc.)

Updated On: 5/19/16 at 10:45 PM

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#27Hamilton Film Adaptation?
Posted: 5/19/16 at 10:45pm

gypsy101 said: " Did it affect Chicago, Hairspray or Mamma Mia! all of which were several years into their runs on Broadway, when their films were made? "

Hairspray was a film first.

Completely different scenario. The comparisons to Chicago and Mamma Mia are more than appropriate 

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#28Hamilton Film Adaptation?
Posted: 5/20/16 at 7:14am

When 'Godspell' was made into a movie in 1973, they used New York City for all the various locations. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't, but it did give the movie an interesting urban-funky feel.  I would be interested in seeing what would happen if they took a similar approach to Hamilton: Tell the story but put the characters in contemporary clothes and put them in modern-day settings in NYC (which is where the bulk of the action takes place.) I dunno, just a thought.

dev101
#29Hamilton Film Adaptation?
Posted: 5/22/16 at 1:34pm

I really don't think Hamilton would work as a movie. Like others said, it's far too theatrical and that's what is so special about it. I would love love love to see it filmed on stage with the original cast though. I remember watching the taped stage version of Into the Woods as a child and just loved that it was like watching the show itself. 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#30Hamilton Film Adaptation?
Posted: 5/22/16 at 4:18pm

sarahb22 said: "When 'Godspell' was made into a movie in 1973, they used New York City for all the various locations. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't, but it did give the movie an interesting urban-funky feel.  I would be interested in seeing what would happen if they took a similar approach to Hamilton: Tell the story but put the characters in contemporary clothes and put them in modern-day settings in NYC (which is where the bulk of the action takes place.) I dunno, just a thought."

I actually think setting the show in modern NYC is very clever, but I think it would work great like that Cosmo Magazine where they use the modern setting with colonial costumes. I would even have them use carriages and other colonial accoutrements.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."
Updated On: 5/22/16 at 04:18 PM