Curious Dog Closing

evic
#1Curious Dog Closing
Posted: 6/14/16 at 2:56pm

Just saw a commercial saying it is closing on Sept. 6.. Incredible show- had a great run.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Curious Dog Closing
Posted: 6/14/16 at 2:57pm

Yes, they announced it about 3 months ago, if I remember correctly.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#3Curious Dog Closing
Posted: 6/14/16 at 2:58pm

Yes, it's sad, but it was announced 3 months ago and we discussed it here:

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1091220#4778454

Updated On: 6/14/16 at 02:58 PM

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#5Curious Dog Closing
Posted: 6/14/16 at 5:20pm

One of the best experiences I've ever had in the theatre.  I was chatting with an older relative who's been going to see West End and Broadway shows since the 1950s - mostly musicals - and I asked him what his favorite recent production was.  Without hesitating, he mentioned Curious as not only his favorite recent production, but one of his favorite of all time.  

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#6Curious Dog Closing
Posted: 6/14/16 at 5:28pm

Saw a screening of the original production and fell in love with it. Saw it when it opened here and loved it even more. I even bough the ballcap. I never buy show caps!

Just give the world Love.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#7Curious Dog Closing
Posted: 6/14/16 at 5:35pm

Saw it in London last March and loved it !! Had great seats, 5th row center in the Stalls. My youngest daughter had "prime number" seat.

evic
#8Curious Dog Closing
Posted: 6/14/16 at 6:16pm

Sorry for being late to the party.

Dysquith13 Profile Photo
Dysquith13
#10Curious Dog Closing
Posted: 6/17/16 at 1:11pm

It's a shame that such an amazing production is closing, but for a play, it had an excellent run on broadway.

Also, the stagedoor crowds are really small, so its a lot easier to get signed, say hi to the performers, etc.