supersam1026
#125BB18 starts tonight!
Posted: 9/14/16 at 8:26pm

THAT JURY SEGMENT!!!!!! That is all....

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#126BB18 starts tonight!
Posted: 9/22/16 at 4:23pm

Soooo....what did y'all think about the finale?   While totally and unnecessarily drawn out, I was still surprised by the outcome.   Not only the choice of a "running mate" but also the winner.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ArtMan
#127BB18 starts tonight!
Posted: 9/22/16 at 4:48pm

Of the remaining three, I really think Paul played the better game.  Yes, he was a liar and a sneak, but at least he owns his actions, unlike Nicole.  Many think, if he had taken James, he would have won.  Paul states that the votes Natalie and Day gave for Nicole, would have gone to James and he would have still lost.  Glad Victor won favorite.  James had such a look of disappointment.  Would have liked sufficient time spent on asking the jury and other housemates specifics like they do on Survivor.  That Friday episode before the finale which was a dud, could have easily focused on the final HOH comp, leaving more time in the finale.  Also Dr. Will's face doesn't seem to be aging!   Botox?

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#128BB18 starts tonight!
Posted: 9/22/16 at 5:15pm

I was both surprised and thrilled by the outcome, especially Nicole's reaction at the end.  Personally, I think Paul threw away the $500 grand when he dumped James (unnecessarily, according to his rationale), not that he needed the money, anyway.

Day really shocked me in her about-face attitude towards Nicole and I give her respect for her fairness in voting.  I knew it would be close, but I expected her to vote for Paul in the end, especially when seeing her reactions during his speech.

I thought Nicole played a very shrewd game, even when she had to wiggle out of some tight spots.  Integrity has never been as strong a factor in BB as it is in Survivor (where the social relationships are more essential to winning), so I don't think Paul's focus on honesty won him any bonus points other than to bromance his already established votes from the men.  Perhaps if he'd strengthened his communication style to something beyond a monotonous yell, he could have seemed less abrasive and more convincing.

Nicole had a steeper hill to climb from the start going in with a target in her back, being a veteran, and she knew when to lie low and when to step it up, while never being disengaged from strategizing.  Paul (ironically) targeted himself from the start with his very loud pronouncement of targeting the vets and picking them off and that was the true start to his multiple nominations (he wasn't a big strategic or comp threat).  His alliance with Victor and his bullish personality kept on the block time after time, so it's not that great of an achievement that he escaped eviction so many times when his own actions most often put him it that position.  When he was HOH during the middle of the game, things didn't really go according to his plan.  On the flip side, things went Nicole's way the majority of the time whether or not she or Corey were HOH.

Oh, and Dr. Will administers Botox for a living, so...yes.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Updated On: 9/22/16 at 05:15 PM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#129BB18 starts tonight!
Posted: 9/22/16 at 5:31pm

I was also surprised by Paulie's vote!  I, too, was thrilled for Nicole.   I thought once Paulie won HOH, it was over no matter who he put up.  Glad to have been wrong.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#130BB18 starts tonight!
Posted: 9/22/16 at 7:10pm

I stopped watching when Bridgette got evicted, but kept my eyes on the Twitter feed and I am really happy for Nicole. I never liked Paul and he [like most of the new players this season] simply never knew when to keep his mouth shut. Nicole played a shrewd game, but it worked very well. I believe it was Da'Vonne who said it, but she said that Nicole played the boys like puppets and that is absolutely what happened. She kept her nose to the ground and remained low, aligned herself with someone she could essentially make do whatever she wanted, and survived/thrived when needed. This season definitely showed how much you need to sometimes keep your mouth shut and just play, rather than opening up your mouth and letting it run. Her reaction to winning was precious, and I'm very happy for her. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 9/22/16 at 07:10 PM