pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/3/16- Page 2

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/3/16

binau Profile Photo
binau
#25Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/3/16
Posted: 7/6/16 at 9:25am

neonlightsxo said: "Liza's Headband said: "I think we had a problem with how it was presented and framed, not what was presented. Your analysis at least removes the hysterics and over-exaggerations, and doesn't attempt to influence the analysis one way or another with subjective commentary."

Yup. I don't think anyone was being "nasty." Everything and everyone is a downward trend. We're all going to die someday. No cause for alarm. :)

"

It's all kisses and rainbows isn't it :p? I think my favourite 'not nasty' quote so far is "your analyst skills seems as weak as your spelling skills (which are atrocious)", lol. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Liza's Headband
#26Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/3/16
Posted: 7/6/16 at 9:28am

The problem is that the analysis wasn't analysis. It was commentary. Let's at least be accurate about what bdn was doing. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#27Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/3/16
Posted: 7/6/16 at 9:36am

Life is a downward trend if the only metric is days till death. Most of us recognize that there are other metrics that track the general sense that we are not "in decline" until some major impairment alters our course. Similarly, a show that has reached its maintenance mode has a healthier prognosis than one that hasn't. In BOM's case, what it means is that it has overcome its dependence on a large share of premium tickets yet still has grosses that return well over the amount of the original capitalization as an annual payout.

Trish2
#28Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/3/16
Posted: 7/8/16 at 4:12pm

ON YOUR FEET seems to be losing its legs as well.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#29Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/3/16
Posted: 7/8/16 at 4:16pm

Trish2 said: "ON YOUR FEET seems to be losing its legs as well."

Yup. It's still doing objectively quite well, but its numbers are clearly declining as the weeks go by. I personally predict the Marquis will be open for the spring.