My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016- Page 4

My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#75My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 12/28/16 at 8:38pm

The front entrance to the famed Actors' Studio

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Patti LuPone FANatic
#76My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 12/28/16 at 8:41pm

Being taught how to do jazz hands by Fosse veteran Dylis Croman...can you imagine?

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Patti LuPone FANatic
#77My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 12/28/16 at 8:43pm

in front of the Actors' Studio

Patti LuPone FANatic
#78My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 12/29/16 at 6:47am

This was as close as I could get to the Laurie Beechman Theatre.  I learned that it was located below this cafe/restaurant.  

I really want to return sometime this summer to see this show.  

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#79My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 12/29/16 at 7:57am

Looks like a great trip! Glad you had a nice time!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Patti LuPone FANatic
#80My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 12/29/16 at 8:12am

The highlight of my trip was being invited backstage at the Ambassador Theatre.  I felt like Eve Harrington in All About Eve.....minus the malice.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#81My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 12/29/16 at 8:58am

College friend of my oldest daughter went to that school.(Actor's Studio)

Updated On: 12/29/16 at 08:58 AM

Patti LuPone FANatic
#82My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 12/29/16 at 9:28am

If I hadn't bought a ticket to see "Cagney", who knows if I had had the chance to see all of these jewels....in practically the same neighborhood.  As much as I love Broadway, my experiences showed me that there are other very worthy and vibrant theatres that have much to offer to theatre goers.   I almost forgot about my visit to Marie's Crisis.  I went there on Dec. 26th.  It was kind of on the darkish side, but it was brimming with all manner of theatre fans.  There was one drunk hunky guy (couldn't tell if he was straight or not) who was hitting on this lady close to the bar.  She wasn't having it of course.  He even stopped to talked to me about asking me to leave.  I brushed him off.  Anyway, I digress.  The pianist that night was Brandon, I believe.  Such a nice boy.  I couldn't figure out how to tell if there were any people from BWW.  So, I wrote a note on a napkin, which said if there were any BWW members in the bar?  I wrote my BWW  name on that note.  One member was right in front of me, who was sitting on a stool in front of the piano man.  I forget his name, but he was from Oregon or Washington.  Anyway, shortly thereafter, I made a  musical request to Brandon (piano man) of "As If We Never Said Goodbye" from Sunset Boulevard.  He played it beautifully of course.  I sang along forcefully along with everyone else.  It was a lovely, lovely experience.  See you soon New York City!