pixeltracker

What happens to Obamacare?- Page 2

What happens to Obamacare?

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#25What happens to Obamacare?
Posted: 1/10/17 at 9:31am

You couldn't be more wrong. "Affordable Care Act" is a clear message that the program is ultimately more economically feasible for the entire community than the previous system. And it is. It could also be better.

Only a lazy, reductive, utter moron would equate "affordable" with "cheap."

Petralicious Profile Photo
Petralicious
#26What happens to Obamacare?
Posted: 1/10/17 at 9:53am

newintown said: "You couldn't be more wrong. "Affordable Care Act" is a clear message that the program is ultimately more economically feasible for the entire community than the previous system. And it is. It could also be better.

Only a lazy, reductive, utter moron would equate "affordable" with "cheap."

"Thanks for the name calling.  Seems to be a chronic thing with Liberals. I will not stoop to your level. When you go low, I will go high  as Michelle Obama said.  

Anyway, by cheap I mean affordable.  In any event, hardly anyone disputes that it is not cheap for anyone who already had insurance. 

When They Go Low, I Go High
Updated On: 1/10/17 at 09:53 AM

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#27What happens to Obamacare?
Posted: 1/10/17 at 10:28am

"Thanks for the name calling.  Seems to be a chronic thing with Liberals."

Thanks for jumping to conclusions, seems to be a chronic thing with you in particular. If you had read with any care or attention at all, you would see that I didn't call you any names. You didn't claim that you think that "affordable" means "cheap" in your first post, did you now?

Take a bit of time and thought before responding, please. It's the adult thing to do.

And FYI - "cheap" and "affordable" don't mean the same thing. At least, not in English.

Updated On: 1/10/17 at 10:28 AM

Petralicious Profile Photo
Petralicious
#28What happens to Obamacare?
Posted: 1/10/17 at 10:36am

newintown said: ""Thanks for the name calling.  Seems to be a chronic thing with Liberals."

Thanks for jumping to conclusions, seems to be a chronic thing with you in particular. If you had read with any care or attention at all, you would see that I didn't call you any names. You didn't claim that you think that "affordable" means "cheap" in your first post, did you now?

Take a bit of time and thought before responding, please. It's the adult thing to do.

And FYI - "cheap" and "affordable" don't mean the same thing. At least, not in English.

"OK, I will take you at your word.  I apologize for jumping to the conclusion. 

When They Go Low, I Go High

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#29What happens to Obamacare?
Posted: 1/12/17 at 9:05am

Last night the Senate GOP took the first step of gutting this- they took away things that have widespread popular support, including contraception coverage, the pre-existing conditions rule, and allowing children to stay on a family plan until they are 26. They just voted to take away my insurance and don't have any plan in place whatsoever to replace it. These people are monsters. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#30What happens to Obamacare?
Posted: 1/12/17 at 9:48pm

Here's what Republicans did in the middle of the night last night. Well the media was busy talking about Russian prostitutes.

30 Million People Lost Their Healthcare in the Dead of Night

"The key moment came at about one in the morning when Bob Corker, Republican of Tennessee, withdrew his amendment that would have pushed the process of repealing the Affordable Care Act back to the beginning of March. Defenders of the law had set great store by the Corker amendment, which seemed to indicate that the Republican majority was both a) afraid to stand the gaff that will come when people lose their healthcare, and b) realizing that repealing the ACA without a viable replacement would cause actual chaos. That unicorn died in the dead of night.

The Republican congressional majorities want this law dead because they have a theological belief that this is not the job of government. They want what they want when they want it, and they have the power to get it and the towering gall to get it done by any means necessary. The president-elect doesn't know enough about the subject to throw to a cat. So there we are.

The amendments proposed by the Democrats and defeated by the Republicans were designed to put the majority on the wrong side of the most popular aspects of the law. It was really all they had left, but, in six months, when all those people who voted for the president-elect secure in the knowledge that he'd never do what he promised to do, discover that their pre-existing conditions suddenly matter again, the odds are that they will blame themselves or The Government or liberals or Barack Obama and nobody will remember how the mugging happened, and the rain will wash away the chalk outline of the victim from the sidewalk. And the death of the Affordable Care Act will become a cold case, an unsolved mystery mouldering in a pauper's grave."

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a52234/senate-obamacare-vote/

If you're interested in attending a rally Sunday clink on the link below:

http://map.berniesanders.com/

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#31What happens to Obamacare?
Posted: 1/17/17 at 4:28am

I think that people tend to not have much concern for things that do not directly effect them. Trump, Ryan and all of these people voting to dismantle it will more than likely never have to worry about health insurance for themselves or their family members. Kind of like gun control. It someone shot one of Trump's family members and they did not survive he would not be so dismissive as to say that it was all a mental illness incident.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#32What happens to Obamacare?
Posted: 2/3/17 at 4:05pm

http://www.philly.com/philly/health/healthcare-exchange/20170203_ap_570cd69187d541f7b6da50fa31add333.html

Wonder how Der Presedente  will feel about this.

No doubt he'll only concentrate on the repeal aspect.