SWEAT Previews

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#25SWEAT Previews
Posted: 3/9/17 at 12:33am

Just got in from seeing it.

Whizzer, my friend said the same thing to me about a movie when we were leaving.

I enjoyed the play overall. It is verh well written. I too had some issues with the acting and can't decide if if was just a directorial choice. Michelle Wilson as Cynthia stood out the most for me with this issue. Being from Pennsylvania, familiar with that area and it's history portrayed in the show and being black, something was off with her. All I can come up with is that she was directed to act like a stereotype and not realistically. Script wise, her character and attitude was on point. It is just the way it was presented and and came off as a bit amateurish acting wise.

I thought the big scene was directed well but not realistic enough. That is all I will say because I forgot how to do the spoiler thing.

I sat 2 rows from thd back left Orchestra. In the beginning there seemed to be a sound issue. There appears to be floor mics. Maybe I just adjusted but it seemed to get better by the end of act I.

Yes, it is timely but for that time. The corporate issues are timely now and should make any corporate big wig squirm in their seat as the show does not mince words about corporate America.And I loved that. 

The show runs longer than listed. About 2 hours and 20 minites with the intermission.

******POSSIBLE SPOILER********  <-------I went old school!

I did not feel it needed to be trimmed. That time leading up to the end, for me, just added to the "suspense" of getting to the answer to the question we had all night.

******END SPOILER******

It is well worth seeing. I think Nottage is an important voice in the theatrical community. I saw a few people leave at intermission. Their loss.

Just give the world Love.

petewk87
#26SWEAT Previews
Posted: 3/15/17 at 4:21pm

Any recommendations on seating? I may do TDF or rush, and will likely get rear orchestra or somewhere in the mezz. Would those seats be obstructed? Would the sound be generally good in the back?

Anshel2 Profile Photo
Anshel2
#27SWEAT Previews
Posted: 3/19/17 at 9:16am

Saw show courtesy of TDF last night and sat in Orch F8.  Excellent view.  Nothing obscured.  No merchandise.  Hoping for a window card.

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#28SWEAT Previews
Posted: 3/25/17 at 2:35am

Would front row be a bad choice for this one? I take it the stage may extend out into the house somewhat?

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#29SWEAT Previews
Posted: 3/25/17 at 2:43am

I've only seen this show off B'way, but I hope it wins Best New Play. So good. Cannot wait to see it again. 

Neusimone
#30SWEAT Previews
Posted: 3/25/17 at 6:56am

RippedMan said: "I've only seen this show off B'way, but I hope it wins Best New Play. So good. Cannot wait to see it again. 

"

Will it also get the Pulitzer?

JeffDaEgg2
#31SWEAT Previews
Posted: 4/2/17 at 12:57pm

Has anyone done the TodayTix rush for this?  If so, where were you seated?  I'm thinking of doing it but I'm tall and don't fit in the mezzanine at Studio 54 unless I'm on an aisle.  Any info is appreciated.

TheaterGal3
#32SWEAT Previews
Posted: 5/6/17 at 8:56am

JeffDaEgg2 said: "Has anyone done the TodayTix rush for this?  If so, where were you seated?  I'm thinking of doing it but I'm tall and don't fit in the mezzanine at Studio 54 unless I'm on an aisle.  Any info is appreciated."

I did the TodayRix rush this week and was seated in front mezzanine row A.