Lottery?

whizzerwhizzer Profile Photo
whizzerwhizzer
#1Lottery?
Posted: 3/16/17 at 2:01pm

Hi! I don't life in NYC but I'm visiting for a very short time period to visit some schools. Im seeing a preview performance of Anastasia and am so excited! I have one free Saturday night (it's Easter weekend-ugh) and would love to see another show. I was going to do the entering lotteries and hoping for the best- but is it safe to enter a bunch of lotteries all for that one day? I know it's hard to win but I would hate to win for more than one. Obviously I won't win Hamilton but I would love to see phantom, sunsent b. , cats , in transit etc. thanks!  

PS. I cannot rush easily because I won't be getting into New York until noon ish. So it's not an option for me to go to the box office early 

Updated On: 3/16/17 at 02:01 PM

zzdawgg
#2Lottery?
Posted: 3/16/17 at 2:04pm

You certainly could enter the lotteries, but why not rush instead? Or better yet, enter the lotteries for the big shows (like Hamilton and DEH) AND rush. You'll have to spend hours in line before the box office opens at 10am, but if you get there early enough, it's almost guaranteed. 

Hairspray0901
#3Lottery?
Posted: 3/16/17 at 2:22pm

If you decide to rush, keep in mind some shows that usually have rush might not offer rush for that weekend due to the busy holiday.

TheThreadMaster Profile Photo
TheThreadMaster
#4Lottery?
Posted: 3/16/17 at 2:25pm

Enter as many lotteries all at once. It may seem like a bad idea but in my experience, I have only won lotteries when I am in a bunch of others. It also gives you the feeling of "well now I have to win at least 1" when you enter a bunch. Either way enjoy your trip and YES rush as well!!!

whizzerwhizzer Profile Photo
whizzerwhizzer
#5Lottery?
Posted: 3/16/17 at 2:26pm

zzdawgg said: "You certainly could enter the lotteries, but why not rush instead? Or better yet, enter the lotteries for the big shows (like Hamilton and DEH) AND rush. You'll have to spend hours in line before the box office opens at 10am, but if you get there early enough, it's almost guaranteed. 

"

I would definitely rush- but I won't be arriving in the city until around lunch time- so getting to the box office early isn't really an option. 

MadonnaMusical Profile Photo
MadonnaMusical
#6Lottery?
Posted: 3/16/17 at 10:40pm

Phantom, sunset, cats, and in transit are all very easy to get tickets to. I literally walked up to sunset 15 minutes before curtain and got a rush ticket. As for in transit... they don't have rush for some insane reason but I have won the lottery 7 times... only took the tickets once though... you have the option of claiming the tickets or not so enter as many as you can. 

Kinky Boy Profile Photo
Kinky Boy
#7Lottery?
Posted: 3/16/17 at 11:18pm

when you rushed sunset, how much did you pay and where were u sitting?

MadonnaMusical Profile Photo
MadonnaMusical
#8Lottery?
Posted: 3/16/17 at 11:57pm

40 and in the very back balcony... my neck hurt for a week afterwards. 

Videos