pixeltracker

Riedel on Amy Schumer's box office power- Page 2

Riedel on Amy Schumer's box office power

LarryD2
#25Riedel on Amy Schumer's box office power
Posted: 8/18/17 at 10:23am

I've heard that Gyllenhaal apparently wanted his CONSTELLATIONS co-star Ruth Wilson, but she wasn't available.

Esther
#26Riedel on Amy Schumer's box office power
Posted: 8/18/17 at 12:02pm

LarryD2 said: "I've heard that Gyllenhaal apparently wanted his CONSTELLATIONS co-star Ruth Wilson, but she wasn't available.

"

Which would make the scheduling conflicts explanation the truth if that was the case.  It just wasn't his schedule, but hers.  wink

Personally, I'm intrigued at the idea of a Driver-led Burn This.  I didn't see Malkovich, but I did see Eric Roberts (twice) when he replaced him & I saw Ed Norton when Signature revived it back in 2002 or 03.  I think Driver could be pretty damn good.  

Anecdotally, I have several friends that LOVE him that never go to the theater (why am I friends with them? lol) that would probably go see him in anything.

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#27Riedel on Amy Schumer's box office power
Posted: 8/18/17 at 12:25pm

Oh geez, is this selling out? Guess I better buy a ticket before the cheap seats sell out...

10086sunset
#28Riedel on Amy Schumer's box office power
Posted: 8/18/17 at 12:45pm

Can you imagine the mess at the stage door? Every Star Wars fan will be camped out.

LarryD2
#29Riedel on Amy Schumer's box office power
Posted: 8/18/17 at 12:52pm

raddersons said: "Oh geez, is this selling out? Guess I better buy a ticket before the cheap seats sell out...

"

It's selling well, but there are still plenty of seats available at this early stage. I was just checking availability for a couple performances this morning and for each date, there was a lot of availability. It looks like the cheap ($59) rear mezzanine seats are mostly gone, though.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#30Riedel on Amy Schumer's box office power
Posted: 8/18/17 at 1:52pm

I saw Adam Driver in a reading of Cuckoo's Nest, I think it was last year? by Roundabout and he was excellent. That said, I don't know if he'd be a draw in a Broadway house. I'm sure most of the people that watched him in Girls used their friend's HBO Go password, so would they pay Broadway prices?

I'm excited to see Amy Schumer, she comes from a theatre background in her schooling and she has great comic timing.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

smidge
#31Riedel on Amy Schumer's box office power
Posted: 12/14/17 at 6:01pm

Well, the Driver casting is now a reality:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/STAR-WARS-Adam-Driver-to-Return-to-Broadway-in-BURN-THIS-Revival-20171214