pixeltracker

What should I wear to callbacks?

What should I wear to callbacks?

Theater_gal18
#1What should I wear to callbacks?
Posted: 9/13/17 at 2:08pm

Hi everyone!

I have been offered a callback for Hairspray at a local theater company. I am not exactly sure what to wear to the callback as the first part of auditions is dancing and the second part is cold readings. Would it be suitable to wear a leotard, leggings, and my jazz shoes? The following was included in the email from the director:

• Jazz/Dance attire: You will learn a dance combo so our choreographer can see how you move.
  • Proper dancing shoes (please don’t dance barefoot, please wear jazz or ballet shoes or sneakers if you don’t have either dance shoe).

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#2What should I wear to callbacks?
Posted: 9/13/17 at 2:21pm

Would it be suitable to wear a leotard, leggings, and my jazz shoes?

I would definitely include a headband.  It'll pull focus on you and single you out. 

Good luck! 

Speed
#3What should I wear to callbacks?
Posted: 9/13/17 at 3:27pm

Wear what you wore to the first audition.  Make sure the shoes are comfortable.

Updated On: 9/13/17 at 03:27 PM

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#4What should I wear to callbacks?
Posted: 9/13/17 at 3:34pm

In situations like that which included a dance call back  and a "regular" callback, I usually brought a simple dress or skirt and top I could put on top of my tights/leggings and leotard. 

SeanD2
#5What should I wear to callbacks?
Posted: 9/13/17 at 3:49pm

Speed said: "Wear what you wore to the first audition. Make sure the shoes are comfortable."

Yes! Always wear what you wore to the audition to your callback. They saw something in you they liked while you were wearing it, it helps them remember who you were, and (not to put to fine a point on it) some clothing can really change the appearance of a person's physical shape -- don't risk the change!