News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SeanD2

Member Name: SeanD2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Protesters at Suffs tonight
 Jul 5 2024, 09:17:51 AM

rattleNwoolypenguin said: "People are forgetting sometimes there are conversations to be had, critiques to be made, and examinations of our history and how we tell it.

These are all good things to do, and I'm sure Shaina herself wrestled with how to tell this story.

But protests like these are tremendously in bad faith and reductive.
"

The protest worked. We're talking about it. That's the purpose of protests

Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
 Jul 2 2024, 02:09:18 PM

Huss417 said: "Has anyone heard anything else if this will ever be released? We are about five months since the cancellation of the showing in movie theaters."

Honestly? Probably never. It lives in that hell known as "contractual agreements"

Jimmy Awards tonight 6/24 at the Minskoff
 Jun 25 2024, 09:23:57 AM

Is it just me or is it a bit scary the emphasis the theater community is putting on the Jimmy Awards at this point? These are high school kids in what's supposed to be educational theater. 

Broadway Bares Hit the Strip Sunday
 Jun 24 2024, 01:11:53 PM

Robbie2 said: "Wick3 said: "It is a fun evening though if you're going to do general admission floor standing, hopefully you're tall! I went to Broadway Bares 20 years ago when floor standing room general admission entry was $40. It was a lot of fun but my legs were definitely tired after the show.

Nowadays I'd rather donatemy money atBway flea in the fall (I believe it's on Sept 22nd this year!)
"

Nobody is going? C

"Untitled Immersive Musical Attraction" from POTO LLC
 Jun 20 2024, 03:01:27 PM

CATSNYrevival said: "I still want to see the Yeston Phantom at Encores or something similar. I doubt this is the Yeston Phantom."

I've often said City Center should do something like the (missed by me) Off-Center series with shows that never played NYC. It would be the perfect place to highlight shows like the Yeston/Kopit Phantom as well as international shows that just wouldn't translate to the US for a full production. Obviously the current economic client

NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
 Jun 20 2024, 10:47:08 AM

Kad said: "I’m always baffled by the members here who go months or years without posting and almost never have contributed to any discussion of theatre or Broadway, but come out of the woodwork when there’s a political topic. And, coincidentally, they’re always the conservatives."

My guess is that they may be people with multiple accounts who don't want their political opinions to impact how people respond to their comments on non-political disc

"Untitled Immersive Musical Attraction" from POTO LLC
 Jun 20 2024, 10:40:55 AM

Whatever happened to the Peacock show which was supposed to be a murder mystery backstage at a production of Phantom? If that's still moving forward I wonder if this is somehow being tied to that.

Smoking on Stage?
 Jun 7 2024, 10:36:43 AM

BeingAlive44Ever said: "I've seen people smoke on stage in a lot of shows. Hedwig, Jesus Christ Superstar, and Bonnie and Clyde come to mind. Is there a trick to this? Do they just like inhale it a little and immediately exhale or something? I've never smoked so I'm not entirely sure how the mechanics of a cigarette work, but I can't imagine that these actors are smoking on stage eight times a week (or seven in the case of Hedwig, or six/two in the case of many JCS pr

What Next For The Majestic?
 May 30 2024, 09:32:09 AM

SeanD2 said: "jkcohen626 said: "With Ashley Hufford, she's big enough now that it's also entirely possible that this was not a chance encounter and an unannounced show asked her to go see it and post it (and she may know what it is and that it does correspond to the Majestic)."

1000% this. As influencers become more and more paid agents of marketing companies it is important to take everything they say with a massive grain of salt.
"

What Next For The Majestic?
 May 29 2024, 10:59:22 AM

jkcohen626 said: "With Ashley Hufford, she's big enough now that it's also entirely possible that this was not a chance encounter and an unannounced show asked her to go see it and post it (and she may know what it is and that it does correspond to the Majestic)."

1000% this. As influencers become more and more paid agents of marketing companies it is important to take everything they say with a massive grain of salt.

What is the BEST Show You Have Seen on Broadway
 May 24 2024, 10:23:59 AM

Modifying your question a bit, the best PRODUCTION of a show that I otherwise don't care much for is the Deaf West Big River. Sitting in that theater in the summer of 2003 as the music went silent during the reprise of Waiting for the Light to Shine is one of my top theatrical experiences of all time. Do I have any interest in seeing Big River again? No. But would I see that production a thousand more times? Absolutely.

What is the worst production you have ever seen on Broadway? What is the worst show?
 May 22 2024, 04:49:53 PM

Oh, I forgot Enron... that was really a show that I saw... wow.

What is the worst production you have ever seen on Broadway? What is the worst show?
 May 21 2024, 03:21:58 PM

BroadwayPatriot said: "The worst play I ever witnessed was Prymate in 2004 - horrible nonsense about a gorilla

and in 2008 I saw the worst musical in my history at least called Glory Days - just awful
"

Finally someone mentioned Prymate! And I'd add The Civil War to the list of worst shows I've ever seen.

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?
 May 14 2024, 04:59:19 PM

If this revival happens (and I have my sincere doubts), I actually can imagine some book tweaks being made. Specifically I could imagine them changing some of the vaudeville references to the Black Vaudeville Circuit. But I can't imagine any rewrites that would rise to the level of a newly credited book writer. 

Shows with Ghost writers
 Apr 9 2024, 03:48:29 PM

Eve Ensler did a lot of work on Wicked and receives royalties for it but not official credit.  

DeBose to host the 77th Annual Tony Awards (2024) at Lincoln Center
 Mar 27 2024, 04:26:13 PM

Her career has completely stalled and she squandered her Oscar win. Will she get people to tune in? Nope. She's not a name. Her attempts at a film career have all flopped (Wish was a huge bomb for Disney and ISS where she was topped billed barely made $6 million in theaters). At this point she should really fire her agent & publicist, and the more time she spends doing theater related stuff the harder it will be for her to break out of the "overeager theater kid who won an Oscar

Congestion pricing will destroy broadway
 Mar 26 2024, 10:03:32 AM

Any family willing to pay Broadway prices and parking prices in midtown won't blink at the congestion pricing.

Congestion pricing will destroy broadway
 Mar 26 2024, 09:29:51 AM

No it won't. And people need to learn to take public transportation.

Playwright on HIV Med Strike / NYTW Responds
 Mar 6 2024, 12:53:48 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "It's a toothless statement by NYTW, but a statement that never had to be made in the first place.

I hope the playwright is able to get some serious mental health treatment.
"

A lot of organizations / companies are now realizing that they probably shouldn't have taken institutional stances on other issues because it created an expectation of stances on future issues. It's the same reason a lot of corporations are al

Why don’t actors share roles on Broadway?
 Feb 29 2024, 08:54:53 AM

Which would get the Tony eligibility? That question automatically makes it not a true 50/50 split.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You