News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SeanD2

Member Name: SeanD2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Shows with Ghost writers  Apr 9 2024, 03:48:29 PM

Eve Ensler did a lot of work on Wicked and receives royalties for it but not official credit.  

DeBose to host the 77th Annual Tony Awards (2024) at Lincoln Center  Mar 27 2024, 04:26:13 PM

Her career has completely stalled and she squandered her Oscar win. Will she get people to tune in? Nope. She's not a name. Her attempts at a film career have all flopped (Wish was a huge bomb for Disney and ISS where she was topped billed barely made $6 million in theaters). At this point she should really fire her agent & publicist, and the more time she spends doing theater related stuff the harder it will be for her to break out of the "overeager theater kid who won an Oscar

Congestion pricing will destroy broadway  Mar 26 2024, 10:03:32 AM

Any family willing to pay Broadway prices and parking prices in midtown won't blink at the congestion pricing.

Congestion pricing will destroy broadway  Mar 26 2024, 09:29:51 AM

No it won't. And people need to learn to take public transportation.

Playwright on HIV Med Strike / NYTW Responds  Mar 6 2024, 12:53:48 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "It's a toothless statement by NYTW, but a statement that never had to be made in the first place.

I hope the playwright is able to get some serious mental health treatment.
"

A lot of organizations / companies are now realizing that they probably shouldn't have taken institutional stances on other issues because it created an expectation of stances on future issues. It's the same reason a lot of corporations are al

Why don’t actors share roles on Broadway?  Feb 29 2024, 08:54:53 AM

Which would get the Tony eligibility? That question automatically makes it not a true 50/50 split.

THE HEART OF ROCK &ROLL  Feb 14 2024, 04:20:05 PM

I guess AKA paying all those influencers to promote their shows (including this ticket sale) isn't working out so well so far... shocking

Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... not at the Lyceum February 2024  Feb 9 2024, 04:03:17 PM

Impeach2017 said: "It may be reclaimed, but a lot of people are still using it in a very derogatory manner online and elsewhere. Surely, they could come up with a better title than that!"

The title is a direct reference to Rob's time in Les Miz playing Gavroche and the fact that Thenardier (his character's father even if not specified in the musical) has the line "This one's a queer, but what can you do?" (or alternatively "this one's a

Sondheim’s Connecticut home for sale  Nov 10 2023, 09:28:24 AM

Sutton Ross said: "Gorgeous. I particularly love the bathroom library!"

And when I saw that my first thought was, "man the steam from the shower could really ruin all those books in a hurry if you don't have a super powerful exhaust fan"

Plays about colonial oppression?  Nov 7 2023, 11:46:00 AM

That's a big theme throughout the plays that make up The Great Game Afghanistan. Especially the one act that shows the westerners sitting around and drawing new national borders without the input of the people who live there.

Oct 5 2023, 02:03:17 PM

Scarywarhol said: "You all understand that being more inconvenient than this is the only way anything has ever changed but okay, keep blaming the zoomers and their blue hair for wanting to have a habitable planet to grow older in. That's not even a defense of the protest, I just hope you all know that you sound like caricatures of people with their head in the sand about how serious this is and how much politeness has failed."

Exactly. Victor Hugo would approve o

2024 Tony Awards will be held at Koch Theatre, Lincoln Center  Oct 4 2023, 12:16:18 PM

Deeply disappointed that the League & Wing would hold the Tonys in a venue named for someone who gave millions of dollars to harm LGBTQ people, minorities, and women. It’s frankly disgusting 

Reasonable Ticket Prices  Sep 27 2023, 08:59:39 AM

Reasonable ticket prices are whatever you can afford. Unreasonable prices are whatever you can't afford. 

When would a revisal be considered a new musical?  Sep 26 2023, 12:55:41 PM

I don't know if it ever can be. If components of it are significantly new they can be eligible for Tonys. Maybe a wholly new score and a significantly revised book would count as a new musical, but even then it would be a determination of the Administration Committee. 

Is the migrant crisis affecting broadway?  Aug 31 2023, 03:01:56 PM

Everybody says they miss the days when Broadway was creating shows like Chorus Line and the Sondheim/Prince collaborations, well part of that was a dangerous and crime-ridden Times Square. 

NYT: The Loss of Subscribers Who Went to Everything  Aug 30 2023, 10:49:30 AM

George in DC said: 

Not that it matters but Shakespeare Theatre in fact is doing 2 Shakespeare plays this year. You forgot Macbeth which will star Ralph Fiennes and Indira Varma. and is being performed at a venue to be named. This also explains why they are doing wwhat you called a "riif on Shakespeare (Macbeth in Stride)"

Also the changes in Shakespeare Theatre has more to do with the fact they have a new artistic director, As a long

NYT: The Loss of Subscribers Who Went to Everything  Aug 30 2023, 10:30:51 AM

I think co-programming the "riskier" works could also do wonders for the theaters and boost subscriptions. Again, take the Shakespeare Theatre Company's current season as an example, What if they programmed Macbeth in Stride immediately prior to or following a full production of Macbeth (which I know they have coming next season) so that audiences could see the interplay of these works and how they inform each other? 

A theater's season should be in dialogue

NYT: The Loss of Subscribers Who Went to Everything  Aug 30 2023, 09:41:13 AM

I think a big issue is that a lot of regional theaters have lost their identity over the past several years. Troupes that were dedicated to the classics have started shifting the definition of what that means. A perfect example is the Shakespeare Theatre Company in DC.

Ten years ago their season consisted of three Shakespeare plays (Henry IV Parts 1 & 2 and Measure for Measure), a Noel Coward (Private Lives), an Oscar Wilde (Importance of Being Earnest), and a musical (Funny Thing.

MISS SAIGON  Aug 29 2023, 12:21:19 PM

Seb28 said: "SeanD2 said: "some productions include his boss in Bangkok calling him a "half-breed" but that's not been consistently used over the years."

He also sings about the French. It has been consistent in the versions I have seen, but I am not sure about the sanitized versions that can't look past these kind of terms and delete everything.

"

Of course he sings about the French, but he never says he is

MISS SAIGON  Aug 29 2023, 12:06:34 PM

The claim that the Engineer is Eurasian is not actually supported by the text, which specifically states:

My father was a tattoo artist in Haiphong
But his designs on mother didn't last too long
My mother sold her body, high on Betel nuts

That's all we know of his heritage. Now some productions include his boss in Bangkok calling him a "half-breed" but that's not been consistently used over the years. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You