pixeltracker

Phantom of the opera seat recommendation- Page 2

Phantom of the opera seat recommendation

WanderFul
#25Phantom of the opera seat recommendation
Posted: 10/5/21 at 8:02am

Figured I'd bump this thread quick as we are seeing this show next month. If you had to choose between row G seats 1 and 3, or row A seats 2 and 4 - which are best? 

Alternatively, anyone know if it's like pre-pandemic days to just wait until closer to show time as they release house seats? I guess we're all new so probably anyone's guess - figured I'd ask.

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#26Phantom of the opera seat recommendation
Posted: 10/5/21 at 10:02am

WanderFul - I'm assuming you're talking about the orchestra section? If so I would go with Row G. I've sat in Row A (seat 1 I believe) and I thought it actually was a little too close for this specific show. The whole proscenium ends up being almost beyond your peripheral vision. You'll still be close enough in Row G to see the actor's faces and costumes perfectly but you'll also get to take in more of the entire 'stage picture'. 

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#27Phantom of the opera seat recommendation
Posted: 10/6/21 at 8:36am

WanderFul said: "Figured I'd bump this thread quick as we are seeing this show next month. If you had to choose between row G seats 1 and 3, or row A seats 2 and 4 - which are best?

Alternatively, anyone know if it's like pre-pandemic days to just wait until closer to show time as they release house seats? I guess we're all new so probably anyone's guess - figured I'd ask.
"

IMHO, it depends on whether you've seen this show before.

If this will be your first time, I'd go with row G, seats 1-3 because I think the blocking favors house left slightly and being a few rows back helps preserve the stage magic.

If you've seen the show before and are perhaps already aware of how some effects are achieved, the view from the front row offers a great sense of immersion and involvement, and you can clearly see costume details and facial expressions (some of which are highly entertaining in the group scenes like the Hannibal rehearsal and Notes/Prima Donna).

The current ticket purchase policy allows for exchange or refund until shortly before the performance, so if you buy tickets and then later find seats you like better, just swap them out. The only silver lining to the pandemic is the generous exchange/cancel policy.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

WanderFul
#28Phantom of the opera seat recommendation
Posted: 10/6/21 at 11:57am

Thank you! I have already seen it, but my wife has not. The switch is because we already have Saturday night tickets for our weekend trip in G1 and 3 that I booked back in July for regular pricing. But trying to switch to Friday night and those seats are now premium pricing. Comparable now is starting 5 seats in, and I'd hate to forefeit the aisle seats. But sometimes I overthink and maybe it's not that big of a deal?

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#29Phantom of the opera seat recommendation
Posted: 10/6/21 at 1:14pm

WanderFul said: "Thank you! I have already seen it, but my wife has not. The switch is because we already have Saturday night tickets for our weekend trip in G1 and 3 that I booked back in July for regular pricing. But trying to switch to Friday night and those seats are now premium pricing. Comparable now is starting 5 seats in, and I'd hate to forefeit the aisle seats. But sometimes I overthink and maybe it's not that big of a deal?"

Unfortunately, after the show's reopening was announced and ticket sales resumed, they began expanding the number of seats designated as "premium". Premium used to comprise primarily the first five or six rows in center orchestra, but now they've marked up the first few seats across the  aisles in both orchestra left and right, and even added the front center section of the mezzanine.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage