my fair lady seating question

Timothy Tate
#1my fair lady seating question
Posted: 3/11/18 at 6:12pm

I am looking at the seating chart online and there are seats in the 2nd row side orchestra. Does the 2nd row side have a good view in the Viviane Beaumont or is to close? Thank You!

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#2my fair lady seating question
Posted: 3/11/18 at 11:34pm

At the Vivian Beaumont, with its unique thrust stage, the second row of the side orchestra is an excellent location, although it would be a little better to be seated in the half of the row nearest the aisle than nearest the side wall.

If you look at the 3D representation of the orchestra on the Telecharge ticket site, you can see that the first two rows of seats are almost at the exact level of the stage and with almost no distance between the edge of the stage and the beginning of the seats. You can see every expression on every face. When someone steps forward on your side to deliver a song, it's almost like you are in the same living room with the actor.

In a show with spectacle, you would lose something sitting so close. In My Fair Lady, with its roots in a stage play, most of the "action" occurs in the dialog between the characters and their physical reactions to the dialog. 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#3my fair lady seating question
Posted: 3/11/18 at 11:46pm

my fair lady seating question

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George