pixeltracker

Official 2018 TONY Nominations Thread- Page 9

Official 2018 TONY Nominations Thread

GregHut
#200Official 2018 TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/18 at 3:10pm

Elegance101 said: "Wasn't eligible for Best Score, but I don't know why it wouldn't have been eligible for orchestration."

Thank you. 

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#201Official 2018 TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/18 at 9:15pm

Not to point out the obvious again, but isn't it kind of cool that LaChanze is nominated for Best Actress with Hailey Kilgore who is nominated for playing a role that LaChanze created and was also nominated for in the original production?

How many times has somebody been nominated for playing a role in a revival with another actor who created that role in the original production? 

Updated On: 5/2/18 at 09:15 PM

pacificnorthwest Profile Photo
pacificnorthwest
#202Official 2018 TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/3/18 at 1:49pm

JBroadway said: "BroadwayConcierge said: "Friendly reminder of some recent Tony facts:
-The Great Cometreceived 12 nominations. It won 2.
-Shuffle Alongreceived 10 nominations. It won 0.
-Something Rotten!received 10 nominations. It won 1.
-Cinderellareceived 9 nominations. It won 1.

Today might have been a great day forCarousel,Mean Girls, andSpongeBob, but I doubt June 10 will be a great evening for any of them. Of those three, I can only really seeCarouselwinning Featured Actress, with maybe a design award or two for SpongeBob. That's about it.
"

Agreed! But you forgot the actual record-breaking example: Scottsboro Boys nominated for 12, and won 0 (stillsad about that!)

That, then, tied The Full Monty, which had the bad luck to open in 2001, the year The Producers swept. I loved The Full Monty; saw it three times (which I know is nothing for those of who in NYC, but I come up from out of town). I remember Brantley's rave review, saying that the Eugene O'Neill wouldn't be looking for a tenant for a very long time. I loved The Producers, too, but felt really bad for The Full Monty on Tony night.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/tonyawardsshowinfo.php?showname=The%20Full%20Monty