pixeltracker

Is it worth to travel from Brisbane AU to NYC just to see Cursed Child- Page 2

Is it worth to travel from Brisbane AU to NYC just to see Cursed Child

willep
#25Is it worth to travel from Brisbane AU to NYC just to see Cursed Child
Posted: 6/21/18 at 7:11am

GavestonPS said: "Wick3, where did you come by the term "part" and how do you think it was derived? (I'm genuinely asking, not snarking.)

You also referred above to the "GBP"being twice the price of a part. Is there a Golden British Pound that is twice the value of a pound Sterling?
"

Gaveston. His use of the term “part” is derived, literally, from the title of the show: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts 1&2...

GBP (Great British Pound) is just another term for the pound sterling. The reason he has a price listed that is twice as much as the “per part” is because you buy a ticket for both parts...

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#26Is it worth to travel from Brisbane AU to NYC just to see Cursed Child
Posted: 6/21/18 at 9:19am

veronicamae said: "
That's not entiiiiiirely true that you can't get anything but premium seats; on June 17bought a single seat, rear Orch, for tomorrow (June21), right off Ticketmaster for face value- and no, it wasn't a re-sale ticket. It looked to be easier to buy Parts 1 & 2 separately as single tickets than trying to get pairs and parts together, if your schedule can be a little bit flexible."

I never stated only premium tickets were being sold; but I did state only premium tickets are readily available, meaning they're easy to find.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#27Is it worth to travel from Brisbane AU to NYC just to see Cursed Child
Posted: 6/21/18 at 9:22am

willep said: "GavestonPS said: "Wick3, where did you come by the term "part" and how do you think it was derived? (I'm genuinely asking, not snarking.)

You also referred above to the "GBP"being twice the price of a part. Is there a Golden British Pound that is twice the value of a pound Sterling?
"

Gaveston. His use of the term “part” is derived, literally,from the title of the show:Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts 1&2...

GBP (Great British Pound) is just another term for the pound sterling. The reason he has a price listed that is twice as much as the “per part” is because you buy a ticket for both parts...
"

thank you willep!!! This play has 2 parts and at times people are overwhelmed when the cost to see the entire play is over $400 for a regular orchestra seat when in reality it's $189/part plus fees. This is why I thought it was quite generous of the producers to sell $40/part or $80/part side front orchestra full view seats back in May when they're normally priced at $189/part.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#28Is it worth to travel from Brisbane AU to NYC just to see Cursed Child
Posted: 6/21/18 at 9:26am

SweetLips said: "Impossible2 said: "gallerygirl said: "See it in Melbourne. It will be the identical production by the same production team and you'll save a bundle."

Yes, but then he'd have to go to Melbourne...
"

You said that because..? Melbourne being the cultural 'centre' of Australia, IMHO.
"

+1 here that Melbourne is an amazing city! If I can get a job there I'd love to live there for a few years! Lots of culture, sport, parks, etc. 

Impossible2
#29Is it worth to travel from Brisbane AU to NYC just to see Cursed Child
Posted: 6/21/18 at 12:52pm

Wick3 said: "SweetLips said: "Impossible2 said: "gallerygirl said: "See it in Melbourne. It will be the identical production by the same production team and you'll save a bundle."

Yes, but then he'd have to go to Melbourne...
"

You said that because..? Melbourne being the cultural 'centre' of Australia, IMHO.
"

+1 here that Melbourne is an amazing city! If I can get a job there I'd love to live there for a few years! Lots of culture, sport, parks, etc.

"

As does every other major city in Australia...

Melbourne cannot even compare to Sydney for anything x

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#30Is it worth to travel from Brisbane AU to NYC just to see Cursed Child
Posted: 6/21/18 at 11:28pm

willep said: "GavestonPS said: "Wick3, where did you come by the term "part" and how do you think it was derived? (I'm genuinely asking, not snarking.)

"

Gaveston. His use of the term “part” is derived, literally,from the title of the show:Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts 1&2...

"

Got it and (smacking my forehead) "duh!". Thank you for so kindly explaining what should have been obvious. I've paid so little attention to the HARRY POTTER play that I forgot for a moment that it is presented in two parts.

Edited to say: Thanks also to Wick3 who responded as well. You kids and your new lingo!

Updated On: 6/21/18 at 11:28 PM

Videos