pixeltracker

What Could Be Next for Donna Murphy?- Page 2

What Could Be Next for Donna Murphy?

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#25What Could Be Next for Donna Murphy?
Posted: 8/22/18 at 11:37pm

SomethingPeculiar said: "If only Jerry Herman would let Encores! do MAME (and MACK AND MABEL, and DEAR WORLD)."

Wasn't Mack and Mabel part of Hey, Look Me Over? Was that a different situation?

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#26What Could Be Next for Donna Murphy?
Posted: 8/23/18 at 1:05am

It would be great if she would do Celebrity Big Brother this summer.

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#27What Could Be Next for Donna Murphy?
Posted: 8/23/18 at 2:15am

Jerry Herman has apparently not allowed Encores to do full productions of his major musicals because he is holding out for first class Broadway stagings instead. I can’t confirm this someone close to the production told me the “Hey Look Me Over” concert was a concession effort- meaning the shows represented were ones that estates will not allow full
Productions of at Encores, but would allow a few songs to be performed. That is apparently how Mack and Mabel came to be represented.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#28What Could Be Next for Donna Murphy?
Posted: 8/23/18 at 2:53am

QueenAlice said: "Jerry Herman has apparently not allowed Encores to do full productions of his major musicals because he is holding out for first class Broadway stagings instead. I can’t confirm this someone close to the production told me the “Hey Look Me Over” concert was a concession effort- meaning the shows represented were ones that estates will not allow full
Productions of at Encores, but would allow a few songs to be performed. That is apparently how Mack and Mabel came to be represented.
"

That's what I had heard as well, and explained why they only did "Movies Were Movies" and "Look What Happened to Mabel" (that and, along with "Tap Your Troubles Away," they're probably the only songs anyone would recognize from M&M. Which is sad, because it's a good score imo).

I wonder if Encores! has approached Donna about Call Me Madam though. I could see her doing a very good Sally Adams.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#29What Could Be Next for Donna Murphy?
Posted: 8/23/18 at 2:18pm

What Could Be Next for Donna Murphy?

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George