Jordan Catalano
#25THE FLAMINGO KID at Hartford Stage
Posted: 5/21/19 at 10:29am

Is Kudisch in this a lot?

Also, what is the running time?

JoeyEvans1206
#26THE FLAMINGO KID at Hartford Stage
Posted: 5/21/19 at 10:33am

Yes - he has a solid featured actor role as Phil Brody; the gin-playing car dealership owner. His "card songs" are also a step up from Tony Danza's in Honeymoon in Vegas tunes.  

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#27THE FLAMINGO KID at Hartford Stage
Posted: 5/21/19 at 10:39am

Thanks! Do you know the running time? Just trying to figure out getting back into the city when it's over. :)

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#28THE FLAMINGO KID at Hartford Stage
Posted: 5/21/19 at 10:40am

I dont wanna judge too hard, but those clips hurt my spirit. 

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

JoeyEvans1206
#29THE FLAMINGO KID at Hartford Stage
Posted: 5/21/19 at 10:42am

Yes - sorry. It was a pretty standard musical comedy. 2hrs 30 mins including a 15 minute intermission

Jordan Catalano
#30THE FLAMINGO KID at Hartford Stage
Posted: 5/21/19 at 10:48am

Thanks!

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#31THE FLAMINGO KID at Hartford Stage
Posted: 5/21/19 at 10:49am

YvanEhtNioj said: "I dont wanna judge too hard, but those clips hurt my spirit."

My feelings exactly. 

Jordan Catalano
#32THE FLAMINGO KID at Hartford Stage
Posted: 5/22/19 at 5:22pm

So, I saw the matinee today and I quite liked it. The show tries on every level to really be a throwback to the 60s and that includes book and score. Does it always work? No. But I found it worked more than it didn’t. In person it doesn’t look cheap, it looks like a colorful little show that has exactly the set a show like this needs. The cast is uniformly excellent with Jimmy Brewer making a really impressive star turn. Kudisch is, as always, fantastic and this role is custom built for him in every single way.

My only real dislike are the Father’s songs about his son. They’re just BAD and sound like the worst of “A Catered Affair”. I don’t know what kind of life a show like this can have in New York if they choose to transfer it, but given some work I think it can find an audience.

DiscoCrows Profile Photo
DiscoCrows
#33THE FLAMINGO KID at Hartford Stage
Posted: 2/29/20 at 4:56pm

Know it's been awhile, but was wondering if anyone knew if this show was trying to move to NYC or not. It seemed light, fun, has an original score, and generally could be a welcome change of pace considering the plethora of Jukebox shows we have seen recently. Hope the Hartford run wasn't the end of this show.

Jordan Catalano
#34THE FLAMINGO KID at Hartford Stage
Posted: 2/29/20 at 5:09pm

I think it’s dead.