pixeltracker

Are you more of a musical, or Play person? - Page 2

Are you more of a musical, or Play person?

Tom5
#25Are you more of a musical, or Play person?
Posted: 11/20/18 at 1:00pm

I prefer the reality of plays because with a play the actors and in a sense the playwright are naked on the stage.

AADA81 Profile Photo
AADA81
#26Are you more of a musical, or Play person?
Posted: 11/20/18 at 1:20pm

Both, equally, for me.  A good play or musical has the power to move audiences while entertaining them.  What I especially enjoy is the unexpected and having to think a bit with a theatrical experience.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#27Are you more of a musical, or Play person?
Posted: 11/20/18 at 1:24pm

It really depends on the season. This past season I really got into the off-bway play In & of Itself (saw it a few times) and the bway plays Angels in America, Harry Potter, The Children, Iceman Cometh, Boys in the Band. The only musicals I got really excited for were the revivals of My Fair Lady, Carousel, and OOTI. 

pacificnorthwest Profile Photo
pacificnorthwest
#28Are you more of a musical, or Play person?
Posted: 11/21/18 at 8:28am

Musicals were my first love and I've seen far more of them than plays. Having said that, I've loved probably 90 percent of the plays I've chosen to see on and off Broadway. And this season, this calendar year, really, I've seen more plays than musicals. Today's obscene prices force me to pick and choose more carefully, and there have been so many worthy plays. The Ferryman was magnificent. This weekend, thanks to the two-fer Friday, I'm seeing American Son, To Kill a Mockingbird and Network. Normally at least one show on a trip up from DC would be a musical; this time I'll have to count on the holiday markets to break up the intensity of what I'm seeing on stage.

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#29Are you more of a musical, or Play person?
Posted: 11/22/18 at 1:02am

Musicals. Unless it's Laurie Metcalfe or Laura F*CKing Linney doing Tennessee Williams or the like.

Otherwise, I'd just as soon watch non-musicals on TV or film, where there are close ups.

Videos