pixeltracker

Seating at James M. Nederlander theater in Chicago

Seating at James M. Nederlander theater in Chicago

sammysunrise
#1Seating at James M. Nederlander theater in Chicago
Posted: 2/6/19 at 6:39pm

I am trying to buy tickets to see Anastasia but I want to know how bad the obstructed view is for the orchestra level seats or the far right balcony seats that say limited view? 

Updated On: 2/6/19 at 06:39 PM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#2Seating at James M. Nederlander theater in Chicago
Posted: 2/6/19 at 7:16pm

It really depends on the show. I’m not too familiar with Anastasia’s staging, but if it’s mostly staged front and center then seats on the sides shouldn’t be that bad. I’ve sat in the limited view seats in the orchestra a plethora of times(never sat in the balcony) and they were great. You are also pretty close to the stage which is a plus side.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

HeatherAV
#3Seating at James M. Nederlander theater in Chicago
Posted: 2/7/19 at 11:14am

You should be fine anywhere in the orchestra, but I would avoid the balcony extreme right and far left - those are pretty obstructed (you'll miss 5-10 feet of the side of the stage).  I'd definitely avoid the box seats - those are terrible.  Like Jorge, I'm not sure of the staging, but if anything is staged towards the back, I'd avoid the balcony far right and left.