pixeltracker

LADY GAGA IN "WICKED"???- Page 3

LADY GAGA IN "WICKED"???

KitKatBoy24 Profile Photo
KitKatBoy24
#50LADY GAGA IN WICKED?
Posted: 2/14/19 at 1:06pm

I love Lady Gaga. I’m a huge fan and I think she’s an incredible singer and actress. But I just can’t hear her as Elphaba. Her voice doesn’t fit it, in my opinion. There is a certain quality to elphaba’s vocals and Gaga doesn’t seem like the right choice. She’s be able to sing it, but I think it would sound odd.

I’d love an unknown for our two witches, but if they have to cast a pop star as Elphaba I can picture Nicole Scherzinger or Demi Lovato pulling it off nicely. Maybe Dove Cameron as Glinda? Idk. I want nobodies

They can cast stars in other roles. Ben Platt will probably be Boq (I mean, his father is the producer), but I’d love Daniel Radcliffe. Meryl or Bette or Glenn as Morrible. Anna Kendrick would be a good Nessa. Hugh could be Dillamond or The Wizard depending on what age they’re want.

"In here, life is beautiful"

MikeInTheDistrict Profile Photo
MikeInTheDistrict
#51LADY GAGA IN WICKED?
Posted: 2/14/19 at 1:13pm

haterobics said: "MikeInTheDistrict said: "I think WICKED is a bit off-brand for Gaga. She seems like she might thumb her nose at something so mainstream. She seems to mostly attach herself to projects with a bit more edge and on the fringes."

She's literally a pop star who writes mainstream hits, and her brand is based on appealing to outsiders, so not sure about this interpretation...
"

While it's true she's a mainstream pop star, she's always struck me as someone who is very deliberate about branding herself as more "artsy-fartsy" and pretentious compared to the rest of the pop landscape. WICKED just doesn't seem like something she would do. I also just can't see her playing a character earnest as Elphaba. She has an aloofness, even in A STAR IS BORN that just doesn't work.

I have hitched my carriage to the Rumer Willis train, and hope her name makes it to the ears of the right people.

Plannietink08 Profile Photo
Plannietink08
#52LADY GAGA IN WICKED?
Posted: 2/14/19 at 1:26pm

I'll be in the minority here but I'm not really interested in the casting of Elphaba and Glinda. Whether they go down the celebrity route or the unknown route I have a feeling it won't be particularly inspirational. 

It's the casting of the supporting characters that excites me more! 

Meryl as Morrible would be a decent, if not too obviously, choice. I'd personally love to see Helen Mirren, Julie Walters or Frances De La Tour in the role. 

Anna Kendreick as Nessarose is, again, a decent yet too obvious choice. Ten years ago Natalie Portman would have made the most beautiful Nessarose. Maybe Naomi Scott? 

I've always imagined Hugh Bonneville as Doctor Dillamond. 

Is Jonathan Bailey too old for Boq?

"Charlotte, we're Jewish"

Jessetenny Profile Photo
Jessetenny
#53LADY GAGA IN WICKED?
Posted: 2/14/19 at 5:40pm

Of any A-Listers I would certainly say Lady Gaga. Out of anybody, I think Samantha Barks is the perfect choice. I said it when she sang Defying Gravity on I'd Do Anything, but her voice has grown so much in the last 11 years that I would love to see what she does with the role.

Full Dream Cast:

Elphaba: Samantha Barks, Lady Gaga, Vanessa Hudgens

Glinda: Dove Cameron, Anna Kendrick

Fiyero: Darren Criss, Derek Hough

Boq: Daniel Radcliffe, Darren Criss

Morrible: Meryl Streep (but almost too obvious)

The Wizard: Hugh Jackman, Richard Gere

Dr. Dillamond: Hugh Jackman

Nessa: Anna Kendrick, Vanessa Hudgens

EmeraldOzian
#54LADY GAGA IN WICKED?
Posted: 2/14/19 at 7:49pm

It's probably most appropriate to be looking at the likes of actresses who are under 30 for the role but Gaga would be amazing in the part. 

In the era of acceptance, female empowerment, fake news, political unrest and movements for people of colour the film version should rely heavier on those themes, the show presents them in a more subtle way.

Updated On: 2/14/19 at 07:49 PM