pixeltracker

Who will succeed Betty Buckley in HELLO, DOLLY! tour?- Page 4

Who will succeed Betty Buckley in HELLO, DOLLY! tour?

wish i were here2 Profile Photo
wish i were here2
ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#76Who will succeed Betty Buckley in HELLO, DOLLY! tour?
Posted: 9/26/19 at 12:30am

Let me clarify: In modern history, it's virtually unheard of for an actor's name to appear on the cover of a capital-p Playbill for a Broadway show or a proper National Tour. (I don't care about what happens in summer stock.) The main exception being one-person shows or theatrical events (i.e. John Leguizamo), which is sort of akin to a possessory credit for an author on a Playbill cover.

What other recent Broadway musicals have had the star's name on multiple merch items (shirts, mugs, keychains, tote bag, etc)? Nathan and Matthew in The Producers? (Not concerned about plays with stars, since those are usually limited runs and they're not concerned about evergreen merch.) 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#77Who will succeed Betty Buckley in HELLO, DOLLY! tour?
Posted: 9/26/19 at 12:30am

Let me clarify: In modern history, it's virtually unheard of for an actor's name to appear on the cover of a capital-p Playbill for a Broadway show or a proper National Tour. (I don't care about what happens in summer stock.) The main exception being one-person shows or theatrical events (i.e. John Leguizamo), which is sort of akin to a possessory credit for an author on a Playbill cover.

What other recent Broadway musicals have had the star's name on multiple merch items (shirts, mugs, keychains, tote bag, etc)? Nathan and Matthew in The Producers? (Not concerned about plays with stars, since those are usually limited runs and they're not concerned about evergreen merch.) 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#78Who will succeed Betty Buckley in HELLO, DOLLY! tour?
Posted: 9/26/19 at 6:31am

anyone go last night?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

PatrickDC Profile Photo
PatrickDC
#79Who will succeed Betty Buckley in HELLO, DOLLY! tour?
Posted: 9/26/19 at 10:25am

Saw the tour with Betty in San Francisco twice, but I adore Carolee so I’m going to Tucson (the nearest stop to California with her) to see it again. I’ll be there October 26. First time so if anyone knows Tucson and has some visitor tips let me know. Looks like the theater is near a couple museums and shopping so should be a fun weekend.