News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ErmengardeStopSniveling

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
Member Name: ErmengardeStopSniveling
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Robert Downey Jr to make Broadway debut in Ayad Akhtar's McNeal at Lincoln Center  May 7 2024, 12:37:53 PM

Loretta Swit?

Robert Downey Jr to make Broadway debut in Ayad Akhtar's McNeal at Lincoln Center  May 7 2024, 12:27:30 PM

That's a HUGE get for LCT.

I know Downey's stage experience is limited but I imagine his live-wire energy will translate pretty well to the stage, and maybe he'll enjoy the consistency of 8x a week.

He's really on a comeback run between Oppenheimer (an exceptional performance so unlike his other roles), Park Chan-Wook's The Sympathizer on HBO, and now this...much different than where he left us before the pandemic (Dr. Dolittle).

Dancin vs Illinoise  May 7 2024, 11:59:57 AM

I didn't even hate Dancin'. It just felt kind of pointless, where Illinoise is something much more daring and exciting.

Tony Award tickets  May 7 2024, 10:45:03 AM

dramamama611 said: "I suspect the decision was made long before they new what the season would look like."

?

We knew this seating fiasco was coming the moment that they announced the Koch.

This is more or less the same number of nominees as any other recent season.

As long as the League continues to enable co-producers and allow 40-60 people be eligible to win a Tony for raising a limited sum of money for a show, there will be seating proble

SCHMIGADOON! to play Kennedy Center  May 7 2024, 10:27:13 AM

Did we previously know that Jack O'Brien's production of SOUND OF MUSIC is returning to the road? (Presumably as an Equity tour, as I believe the Kennedy Center only books Equity productions of Broadway-adjacent titles.)

SCHMIGADOON! was entertaining enough as a TV series, and it makes sense that they would adapt it for the stage because at a minimum high schools and stock companies will enjoy doing it, but I thought the parody lyrics were pretty weak and the melodies were

Dancin vs Illinoise  May 7 2024, 12:15:40 AM

Illinoise is a show with characters, singing, and a story with a narrative throughline, brimming with life and stemming from the mind of the most exciting contemporary ballet choreographer working.

Dancin' is, basically, a dance recital (at least in the way Wayne Cilento rendered it), with a 70-year-old trying to replicate what was successful in the 1970s.

Palace Theatre  May 6 2024, 02:59:09 PM

The Palace interior looks stunning.

It also looks extra-huge in those pics.

“N/A” at Lincoln Center Theater - Mitzi E. Newhouse  May 6 2024, 02:57:28 PM

I assume it's a double meaning but my dumb ass also didn't make the connection of Nancy/Alexandria until I wrote that quip.

New musicals by Ruffin, McLean, Chanler-Berat, Kerrigan, and more for NY Stage & Film 2024  May 6 2024, 02:30:51 PM

I like that Amber Ruffin is tripling down on musical theatre!

I don't like her work on THE WIZ (though is she really to blame?), and I loved SOME LIKE IT HOT but I don't know who was responsible for what (the beauty of good collaboration between 4 authors), but high-profile people being interested in writing musical books can only be a good thing, imo.

2024 Pulitzer Prize Predictions  May 6 2024, 02:15:31 PM

The rules must have changed in recent years, because previously a work did not have to be submitted in order to be eligible. Major works (a vague term for Broadway and Off-Broadway shows) were automatically considered, but submitting merely guaranteed consideration and was helpful for less-high-profile works.

https://www.pulitzer.org/page/drama-submission-guidelines-and-requirements

“N/A” at Lincoln Center Theater - Mitzi E. Newhouse  May 6 2024, 02:01:30 PM

Are the characters named Fancy Felosi and Alexandra Socasi-O'Cortez?

2024 Pulitzer Prize Predictions  May 6 2024, 12:27:38 PM

Eligibility is for the 2023 calendar year and USUALLY limited to shows that had their world premiere in 2023 but sometimes there's some fungibility there.

I don't know who this year's jury is, but last year's was:

David John Chávez (Chair)
Chair, American Theatre Critics Association; Correspondent, San Jose Mercury News

Vinson Cunningham
Staff Writer, The New Yorker

Sora

77th Tony Awards Performance Predictions  May 6 2024, 12:20:14 PM

Yes, the Tony telecast is still major for reaching a "qualified" audience across the country that is interested in theatre (theatre in NYC and on tour).

A good 2.5-minute Tony performance with an intro might translate into more tickets sold than paying an equivalent amount for X number of 30-second TV spots or social posts or a share of a digital billboard in Times Square. Showcasing a bad show or a badly-put-together number will not help

77th Tony Awards Performance Predictions  May 6 2024, 10:59:13 AM

I wonder if any of the not-nominated shows will perform?

I could see THE WIZ, BACK TO THE FUTURE, and GREAT GATSBY ponying up the money to do a number. Maybe also THE NOTEBOOK (with Ingrid?)

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Opening Night Critics’ Revies  May 6 2024, 10:29:47 AM

It doesn't matter how many people are in the audience. What matters is how many people paid to be in the audience, and how much they paid to be there. "The house looked pretty full to me!" tells us nothing.

I know there have been comps galore at this show. We'll see what the numbers look like tomorrow.

FINDING NEVERLAND headed to the West End in 2025?  May 6 2024, 10:13:38 AM

TBFL said: "Ouch. I can only imagine how long it toiok them to get to that point, do 1 production in Leicester and then just have it all binned. You kinda wonder how it got to that point, surely the production team had heard the music before then"

It got to that point because Harvey Weinstein had never lead-produced a musical (the least of his problems!), didn't like what he saw in London, and had the authority to scrap the whole creative team and start from

FINDING NEVERLAND headed to the West End in 2025?  May 6 2024, 10:02:10 AM

Broadway Flash said: "Who owns the rights to this? Is it because Harvey is outta jail, he’s doing it in London now?? I didn’t realize the tour got stopped because of Covid."

Harvey Weinstein is not out of jail. He is still serving a 16-year sentence for crimes committed in California, and will be re-tried this fall in New York.

He is also no longer employed by TWC.

FINDING NEVERLAND headed to the West End in 2025?  May 5 2024, 08:37:32 PM

CATSNYrevival said: "It’s a shame they felt the need to rewrite it again. I thought the tour version finally got it just right."

Did it change much for the tour? I only saw the A.R.T. and Broadway versions, which were both unremarkable and overblown.

FINDING NEVERLAND headed to the West End in 2025?  May 5 2024, 08:32:42 PM

So London will finally learn "the story of how PETER became PAN"?!

MARY JANE Previews  May 5 2024, 08:12:25 PM

I had no issue hearing the actors, though it is subtle sound design. Are they miked? It's actually my favorite type of sound design for a play or an old musical: it forces the audience to sit forward. This isn't IMAX.

I think it's a wonderful play, and McAdams is giving such a special performance. I don't remember Carrie Coon being nearly as warm as McAdams. Coon wore the tragedy on her sleeve a little more freely. McAdams' "positivity in the face of traged

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You