News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for wish i were here2

wish i were here2 Profile Photo
Member Name: wish i were here2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 2 2024, 12:56:16 PM

gibsons2 said: "If anyone purchased a seat in Mezz 4 and seeing the show soon, please report on the views."

Sat in Mezz 4 last night and honestly they were absolutely perfect! Sat in Row D, and the rake was perfection. There was never a moment where you felt you were craning your neck losing down and there was never any moment where it felt like you were trying to dodge heads to look around to see the stage, like it was a constant full view of the acti

Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway  Mar 22 2024, 09:37:47 AM

Has anyone had any luck or experience with the standby/waitlist for this show?

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?  Jan 22 2024, 10:18:25 AM

I wonder if this will be a situation where MKM is getting promoted to lead Elphaba, but is currently taking a short break between standby and lead (i.e. Brittney Johnson as Glinda). While, Lissa is the new standby.

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?  Jan 17 2024, 04:46:25 PM

Safe to assume Alyssa and McKenzie will be leaving at the same time? It lists Alyssa will be in this from March 12-April 20.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Alyssa-Fox-Hiba-Elchikhe-to-Join-DISNEY-PRINCESS-THE-CONCERT-20240117

HOW TO DANCE IN OHIO Broadway Previews  Nov 18 2023, 12:14:21 PM

I saw this this past Thursday (the day where the turntable broke and the show was halted for 30 min) and all in all the show is cute and you do leave the show feeling like your soul is full, in some capacity.

I do commend the show for its representation on Broadway with the core 7. The cast is amazing (shout out to Liam Pearce as Drew) and each are doing great work with the material they were given. However, I think my biggest gripe with the show is the sheer amount of s

Sondheim/Ives HERE WE ARE @ The Shed  Sep 29 2023, 09:17:09 AM

Robbie2 said: "wish i were here2 said: "Intermission

THIS SHOW IS BONKERS!!! I am so intrigued where it will go in Act 2.

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Wasn’t on my bingo card to see Tracie Bennett waking through the audience holding a stuffed sheep"

Hey - Spoiler! ^^^^^^^^"

Sorry, about that! Posted using my phone and idk why the spoiler part didn't work

Sondheim/Ives HERE WE ARE @ The Shed  Sep 28 2023, 09:13:16 PM

Intermission 

THIS SHOW IS BONKERS!!! I am so intrigued where it will go in Act 2.

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Wasn’t on my bingo card to see Tracie Bennett, in one of her many scene stealing characters, walking through the audience holding a stuffed sheep dressed like a mixture of Lucille Ball and Little Orphan Annie. 

Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?  Aug 28 2023, 11:50:45 AM

Constance’s casting reminded me of this Vulture article from 2016. Where she was asked what dream roles she has and she mentioned Audrey! Such a full circle moment!

https://www.vulture.com/2016/06/constance-wu-c-v-r.html

HERE LIES LOVE Reviews  Aug 18 2023, 12:51:20 PM

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the show has always been presented using tracks in every iteration of the show? (Slide 4 of the post below) 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs4g4f1u5W0/?img_index=4

DearTheodosia said: " Flash forward to that evening. After the negotiation with the musicians’ union, it seems that the instrumentalists have been shoehorned into the very end of the show to meet the requirement. I understand that the show is supposed to have a karaoke quality, but I also have heard that they used live musicians when it was off-Broadway, and you can hear from the cast recording that it worked!Sitting in the VIP lounge a couple of weeks ago, I wondered if that area could even have been used for instrumentalists. (Those seats are just not great, anyway.)"

Encores! 2023: LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA with Ruthie Ann Miles, DEAR WORLD with Donna Murphy, and OLIVER!  Jun 22 2023, 01:02:40 AM

Saw the first performance it was wonderful! Ruthie is a revelation, every single one of her scenes and songs were wonderfully acted and beautifully sung. I will say considering everything that happened in Ruthie’s life in 2018, sitting there tonight listening to her sing “The Beauty Is (Reprise)” and truly listening to every single lyric, that truly struck a chord in me. 

The rest of the cast is marvelous. Anna Zavelson is a star on the rise! We

HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews  Jun 19 2023, 08:14:41 AM

I was at First Preview (in the back mezz) and I am Filipino as well. Even though there is a fun disco mix at the end, you don't leave the show feeling remorse or compassion towards the Marcos', you rather you leave sort of angry remembering all and realizing they got away without getting any prosecution. They do mention how the Marcos' son is back in office in the Philippines, which did make some people around me feel a bit uneasy.

The show definitely is written in a way where you are forced to care about Imelda in the beginning, trying to get you on her side, and once you are, you then you see all the horrible things she and her husband did to, which puts you in a situation where you are basically as complicit with their supporters in history. 

I am still processing everything, but this post on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/p/CtmG-IQuWgl/) truly encapsulates how I felt about the show and the story. 

HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews  Jun 17 2023, 09:19:51 AM

A friend tried to rush this morning, a box office employee came out and stated there is apparently NO rush tonight. Rush starts Tuesday.

What is your favorite pun or joke from Shucked (spoilers abound)?  Apr 18 2023, 03:47:50 PM

Lulu: These eyebrows may not be children but I’m going RAISE them.

The sign in Sidney Brusteins window- Broadway  Apr 4 2023, 08:22:13 AM

https://www.theatermania.com/news/oscar-isaac-and-rachel-brosnahan-to-bring-sidney-brusteins-window-to-broadway_1695299/

The 80-performance run begins April 25 at the James Earl Jones Theatre in advance of an April 27 opening.

Looking for 1 Ticket For Ragtime  Mar 28 2023, 08:56:38 AM

I am not sure how it happened, but I was able to get one of the cancellation tickets! I'd say there were about 10-12 cancellation tickets sold, all for $100 each all around the theatre! It was truly a sublime and amazing experience! 

HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?  Sep 24 2022, 08:37:41 PM

pethian said: "JBroadway said: "For my money, I expect it would be considered a new musical if it came to Broadway."

What about the score--would it be eligible given that this was first a concept album not written for the stage?

"

I believe it would be eligible, as Hadestown was also a concept album prior to it coming to stage. 

K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Sep 22 2022, 03:00:00 PM

Helen Park has some of the songs on her website, for those interested! 

https://helenparkmusic.com/music

Is the Waitress tour going non-eq?  Mar 4 2022, 10:57:12 AM

I just got an email from Waitress for these Charlotte and Cleveland stops and the picture they using a new pic of Stephanie Torns as Jenna. Not sure if this means she's Jenna or not, but I thought it should be noted. Also, let me know if you guys cant see the picture.

Kate Baldwin & Aaron Lazar in “THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY” - March 2022  Dec 23 2021, 01:00:11 PM

Just got tickets! I cannot WAIT! 

Jennifer Nettles on Waitress, Musical Theatre, and *almost* Elphaba  Nov 29 2021, 06:24:14 PM

Oh wow! She would have made an amazing Elphaba.

Also, just did some quick math and 12 years ago would've been 2009, which was when the 2nd National Tour of Wicked opened, I wonder if she was supposed to be the first Elphaba on the Munchkinland Tour. :O

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You