pixeltracker

West Side Story revival?- Page 22

West Side Story revival?

JBC3
#525West Side Story revival?
Posted: 12/10/19 at 9:58am

I saw on Instagram that the production is putting trigger warnings in the lobby for people who have only seen the movie, as well as offering therapy dogs and counselors after the performance for those experiencing RAD, revival anguish disorder.

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#526West Side Story revival?
Posted: 12/10/19 at 10:06am

magictodo123 said: "Mike Barrett said: "magictodo123 said: "Something I absolutely hate when it comes to theater is when people judge the show before they even see it, or without even seeing a show. and this has happened far too often this season (Beetlejuice, Tootsie, West Side Story). I hate this. I understand it's kind of a given, but I really, really wish people would actually SEE the show for themselves because that is really the only way to know if you like it or not."

I understand, but when people are paying $100 + to see a show they need to be given a solid reason to spend money like that. Now, for people who continue to harp on this show who have zero intention to see it, just move on.
"

I'm sure there are people who spend $100+ to see a show based on name alone. And they don't use social media, they don't do anything like that--they hear a big name is doing a show or something, and they want to see it. I'm sure that happened with (the most recent example I PERSONALLY can think of) War Paint, along with SO MANY other shows. It happens. Not EVERY single theatergoer reads reviews before they see a show. I don't. Do you think I'm the only one?

"

No I don't at all, but there are also people who do read reviews beforehand. So it goes both ways. 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#527West Side Story revival?
Posted: 12/10/19 at 10:10am

JBC3 said: "Jordan Catalano said: " I'd pay for Jordan's MadLib Reviews ....”

I was lucky enough to see (show name) last night. I know word of mouth has been (adjective) so I didn’t know what to expect going in. Needless to say, I was really (emotion).

All in all, I thought the show was (adjective) and the cast was (adverb)(adjective). We were really excited to see (name of Broadway actor/actress nobody outside of NYC has ever heard of) but when I opened my playbill, the (noun) fell out, saying that (name of another actor/actress nobody outside of Hells Kitchen has ever heard of) was going on instead. Needless to say, I started to cry. An usher came over and said (exclamation) and that the whole theater felt the same way. But since it wasn’t a name above the title we decided to stay and (abbreviated exclamation) I’m so glad we did. 

The set was (adjective). The (noun) that was onstage the entire time really set the tone for the show. I never thought that (same show name as before) could be done  in the nude with only a (same noun) but man, this one sure did it. The choreography by (name of choreographer) was about what you’d expect from them - nonstop (dance move) and (another dance move) that kind of made me sick because everyone was nude and their (plural body part) were flapping around and slapping people in the front row. But I kind of liked that. 

When the show was over people yelled out (exclamation) at the curtain call and I don’t think the cast expected to hear that. I think it will get (number) Tony Awards and I hope (name of famous broadway actor/actress) takes over for the lead. Does anyone have a bootleg of it?

JBC3
#528West Side Story revival?
Posted: 12/10/19 at 10:32am

Like the characters at the end of Sunday in the Park with George, I bow to your artistry and genius.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#529West Side Story revival?
Posted: 12/10/19 at 10:40am

I find that bow to be the most moving and most beautiful moment of any musical ever. It never fails to make me cry.

carnzee
#530West Side Story revival?
Posted: 12/11/19 at 5:00am

Jordan Catalano said: "I find that bow to be the most moving and most beautiful moment of any musical ever. It never fails to make me cry. "

It's the only moment in a musical that has made me cry.

BTW, your mad lib isn't complete without :

"The only merch offered was a (noun) and a couple of (noun)s. Afterwards, we waited at the stage door for (length of time) and (noun), (noun) and (noun) came out to sign my (noun). 

JBC3
#531West Side Story revival?
Posted: 12/11/19 at 8:05am

Jordan Catalano said: "I find that bow to be the most moving and most beautiful moment of any musical ever. It never fails to make me cry."

I agree 100%. I have long refused to date anyone who does not get emotional when the painting scrim drops in at the end of the first act or this moment from act two. That's my story for why I am still single, and I am sticking to it.

magictodo123
#532West Side Story revival?
Posted: 12/11/19 at 8:09am

Jordan Catalano said: "JBC3 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "I'd pay for Jordan's MadLib Reviews ....”

I was lucky enough to see (show name) last night. I know word of mouth has been (adjective) so I didn’t know what to expect going in. Needless to say, I was really (emotion).

All in all, I thought the show was (adjective) and the cast was (adverb)(adjective). We were really excited to see (name of Broadway actor/actress nobody outside of NYC has ever heard of) but when I opened my playbill, the (noun) fell out, saying that (name of another actor/actress nobody outside of Hells Kitchen has ever heard of) was going on instead. Needless to say, I started to cry. An usher came over and said (exclamation) and that the whole theater felt the same way. But since it wasn’t a name above the title we decided to stay and (abbreviated exclamation) I’m so glad we did.

The set was (adjective). The (noun) that was onstage the entire time really set the tone for the show. I never thought that (same show name as before) could be done in the nude with only a (same noun) but man, this one sure did it. The choreography by (name of choreographer) was about what you’d expect from them - nonstop (dance move) and (another dance move) that kind of made me sick because everyone was nude and their (plural body part) were flapping around and slapping people in the front row. But I kind of liked that.

When the show was over people yelled out (exclamation) at the curtain call and I don’t think the cast expected to hear that. I think it will get (number) Tony Awards and I hope (name of famous broadway actor/actress) takes over for the lead. Does anyone have a bootleg of it?
"

I understand people have seen this before, but it's the first time I have----brava!!!! I love it.