pixeltracker

The WIZ- Original Broadway Cast- Page 2

The WIZ- Original Broadway Cast

Owen22
#25The WIZ- Original Broadway Cast
Posted: 8/18/21 at 3:17pm

morosco said: "I saw a bus and truck of The Wiz in the late seventiesand Lillias White played Dorothy.

The WIZ- Original Broadway Cast
"

I saw Lillian White on tour in the late 70's as well, but I thought it was the First National Tour as I saw it at the Fisher in Detroit.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#26The WIZ- Original Broadway Cast
Posted: 8/18/21 at 3:31pm

Ren Woods opened the 1st National Tour as Dorothy. Renée Harris then replaced her. The 1st National Tour ran from June 1976 to July 1979 and Lillias White was not part of this tour in any capacity.

Lillias White was the replacement Dorothy for the 2nd National Tour that went out in 1978.

joevitus Profile Photo
joevitus
#27The WIZ- Original Broadway Cast
Posted: 8/18/21 at 4:47pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "CATSNYrevival said: "That would be neat if they happened to record the full version of the tracks that fade out on the original album and a remaster could potentially restore them. Doesn’t seem likely that they would have recorded the full songs though."

Don’t rule that out. DREAMGIRLS did the same with the fade-outs on some tracks AND also did record songs that that were left out of the original release in order to fit a 2-sided vinyl LP. Lucky these tracks still existed and were included onthe Deluxe Edition of the cast recording released years ago. Hopefully this was also done for THE WIZ.
"

Love both these comments.