News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Owen22

Member Name: Owen22
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What’s Your Favorite Song From the 23-24 Season  Apr 28 2024, 10:11:01 AM

If we are not counting ALL the songs from Here Lies Love, I'd go with "Roaring On" from Great Gatsby. Love a great opener, and there have been very, very (to a nonexistant) few this season (actually over the last couple).

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd'  Apr 26 2024, 08:13:29 AM

Went back last night to see the new stars. Sutton is still in Carol Burnett mode and is hilarious. I don't mind ham if it's based in truth. Aaron is always a weird one. He can act. He can sing beautifully.  He's gorgeous. But from Next To Normal on, he is always missing something...there is never a dynamic to him, especially when paired with someone who is obviously one of the most talented people on the planet. But I once again loved this staging, probably the last great Swe

THE GREAT GATSBY Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Apr 26 2024, 07:47:40 AM

I don't know how feel now. Weirdly, a lot of these reviews are actually good. What they don't like is that it did not play fealty to its source material.  Which I fully acknowledge but enjoyed the musical anyway. But, the complaint is, change some plot points, change some characterizations, but if you are basing a show on a great American novel, do not change the original author's INTENT. I love the novel and its ever-timely themes. So should I be upset? Wicked changes L

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 22 2024, 09:37:04 AM

It is also weird that Adam Feldman does not seem to understand the concept of color blindcasting...

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 22 2024, 06:35:11 AM

A London theatre website tries to make sense of it all:  

https://www.whatsonstage.com/news/what-is-going-on-with-the-cabaret-reviews_1594068/

SUFFS Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 19 2024, 11:53:31 AM

It's so weird to read Sara Holden's review of SUFFS.  It's not her at all. Usually, even in a rave, she's very analytical. She literally is just fan-girling over this show!

STEREOPHONIC Previews  Apr 19 2024, 11:50:42 AM

I loved this play. I loved the cast, I loved the direction.  I loved the characters. I loved it's heart.  I loved the songs.  That's all.

THE GREAT GATSBY Broadway Previews  Apr 18 2024, 10:43:14 AM

dramamama611 said: "The notion that it's terrific if you just don't think about it, is perhaps the most ridiculous idea I've seen on this board. Shucked wasn't "high art"; Rock of Ages wasn't "high art" but they weren't masquerading around as a literary classic, so yes, this WANTED to be.."

Ew. No.  It's not "masquerading around as a literary classic". It' is BASED on a literary classic. As much as th

SUFFS Previewsabout th  Apr 18 2024, 10:17:06 AM

In the middle of the spring "theatre dump", saw this last night. I liked it, a little less than Gatsby, but it was fun, full of real "songs" (my new criteria for what I consider a good show) and lovely performances.  I may have liked it a little more if I hadn't just seen the Stereophonic matinee, but that play still had ahold of my heart (I think it will be hard pressed for me to enjoy any of the many shows I'm about to see as much).

I did no

Chu developing CRAZY RICH ASIANS musical  Apr 17 2024, 09:59:30 AM

Ashley Park just secured her next job.

JK Rowling Concerns  Apr 17 2024, 06:52:58 AM

I have tweeted at and written to HBO to stop development on the new series. THAT is going to bring her and her hate back into pop culture big time (also, it's a completely unnecessary endeavor). There was also an online petition I signed which I cannot seem to find again, but if I do I will post it here.

THE GREAT GATSBY Broadway Previews  Apr 17 2024, 12:15:51 AM

Saw this tonight and really enjoyed it. I love the novel, it is NOT the novel's characterizations .... but am okay with the adaptation. Actually, I think it's a very strong book. And yay for a good old fashioned Broadway score.  And I mean old fashioned in the fact there was actual MELODY!!!  Both up tunes and ballads, these were some songs! There were even real comedy numbers! I really didn't think I'd like the show this much, though I expected to like the leads.&nb

Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?  Apr 16 2024, 10:50:42 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "Sam Gold did give us Enemy of the People, Dolls House pt 2, Fun Home… all of which I loved. So he’s got some good stuff in his resume."

Sam Gold is my favorite American director. But he's not Jamie Lloyd, who in my opinion is the greatest theatre director working at the moment.  In his less, let us say, "stylized" days, he gave me the greatest Assassins and the greatest Urinetown I have ever seen. The second grea

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 15 2024, 09:18:57 PM

gibsons2 said: "God, I feel so terribly bad for Matt Gould. He is so talented and seems to be a very sensitive person... there was a lot of hype about this musical based on his score, particularly Woman Is song, there are couple of amazing covers on YouTube. I think that maybe Matt assumed that his truly amazing original score will finally get the acknowledgement and recognition it deserves, and the reality of a notvery goodbook and overall strange directorial choices will sink this

Operation Mincemeat heading to Broadway  Apr 15 2024, 05:12:41 AM

It's that original cast, as much as the show, that Broadway must see. Although it may be up against Dead Outlaw. Can Broadway handle two true story, intimate, amazingly talented ensemble musicals in one season?

Bernadette Peters & Lea Salonga to Lead OLD FRIENDS On Broadway  Apr 8 2024, 04:24:35 PM

hearthemsing22 said: "Trying to get tickets for this will be a bloodbath. I hope they're smart about setting up a queue for the general onsale"

Possibly not. Cameron lost his entire investment in the West End I hear. 

UNCLE VANYA Previews  Apr 8 2024, 03:19:31 AM

Annie Baker's modern language translation at Soho Rep might be my favorite interpretation.  Not only did it feel frash and immediate, it provided one of the greatest recent downtown ensemble of actors a unique, yet totally Chekovian exploration of this wonderful play.

John Cardoza held at gunpoint, Michael Stuhlbarg attacked with a rock  Apr 1 2024, 07:20:21 PM

BroadwayPatriot said: "Huh? So real estate developers are why people join gangs and a two year old was shot in the Bronx during a gang fight on Saturday?Rich people are why a maniac pushed someone in front of a train ? Foreign investors are why a cop was murdered? "

In essence...YES!!!

Tax the rich and corporations!!! Put the money into helping this city take care of its sick and level the playing field!

John Cardoza held at gunpoint, Michael Stuhlbarg attacked with a rock  Apr 1 2024, 05:52:22 PM

It's rather disappointing to read these comments from a group of people who are theatre-goers, people who post on here I would just assume are intelligent and empathetic. It's horrible to feel unsafe, I get it.  But to pooh-ppph the major reasons for this (I should say ONE reason, all the other reasons stem from the ONE--wealth inequality) is sad.  The wealthy do not care about poor, sick and desperate people.  They don't care about the middle class being robbed at

What Is The Best Way To Resell A Broadway Show Ticket?  Mar 31 2024, 04:06:24 PM

I also love the Theatr app. Its also a great way to get digital lottery, standing room or rush tickets without waiting in (or on) line as frequently people who have won tickets for inaccessible times need to sell.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You