pixeltracker

A CHRISTMAS CAROL - Preview Thread- Page 4

A CHRISTMAS CAROL - Preview Thread

bwayobsessed
#75A CHRISTMAS CAROL - Preview Thread
Posted: 12/29/19 at 10:53pm

I saw it today and really loved it. The direction, design and music particularly stood out to me. All are beautiful and creatively done. The swinging lanterns, the spirit's increasingly larger vessels of lights/wheeled carts, and the score throughout were all brilliant. I loved the doors that would rise from the floor and the various other creative staging moments.

I was amazed at how fluidly the night ran, having moments that are traditionally separate scenes flow directly into each other was so exciting that it made me really annoyed there was an intermission, I didn't need the pause in action for a 2 hour show. As A Christmas Carol enthusiast I found the ways they altered the story really exciting (even if I didn't quite agree with all the choices). I found the expansion of Belle's character arc and the presence of the ghosts in the final scenes particularly fascinating.

Go see it in it's final week if you can, it's not your traditional ACC but it's intelligently crafted and brings out the Christmas spirit. 

LightsOut90
#76A CHRISTMAS CAROL - Preview Thread
Posted: 12/30/19 at 1:34am

Does anyone have a discount code for the last week? seems like a bunch of tickets are available...

Hopelesslydevoted24
#77A CHRISTMAS CAROL - Preview Thread
Posted: 12/30/19 at 2:03am

I would highly recommend rushing this show.  On Friday, 12/27, I arrived at the box office at 7:00pm and was allowed to purchase 4 rush tickets at $40 each for their 8pm performance.  I was alone as my friends were not in the city yet.   We sat Orchestra F 10-16.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#78A CHRISTMAS CAROL - Preview Thread
Posted: 12/30/19 at 2:05pm

It might be on TDF though not sure. 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#79A CHRISTMAS CAROL - Preview Thread
Posted: 1/6/20 at 9:56am

Did anyone see the last performance yesterday? Just wondering how it went. Hopefully it'll come back next season.

Videos