News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Hopelesslydevoted24

Member Name: Hopelesslydevoted24
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Previews  Apr 13 2024, 02:07:53 PM

They offer a $25 for 25 and in-person rush for $45 if the lottery is not available. 

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Previews  Apr 7 2024, 05:30:33 PM

BCfitasafiddle said: "Had absolutely no expectations for this. Went in a bit skeptical and unbothered. Had the BEST TIME. It has a certain charm that you just can't stop smiling from beginning to end. Were there issues? Of course. But I wasn't bothered by them. Corey and McKenzie are wonderful. The whole cast is giving 150%. The dance numbers are electric, arrangements are a blast. I think a lot of work will be done and it'll be even better in a few weeks.

The

Gothamist: Why are Broadway tickets so expensive right now? It’s not just inflation.  Apr 5 2024, 11:04:57 PM

This $50 offer had a strict time window. A more apt description for this was any seat purchased between 10am—1pm was $50.  Frankly, it was even more restrictive than a regular rush policy. 

DOUBT 2024 Previews  Feb 13 2024, 06:46:53 PM

Thank you for this post. I took a chance after reading it  and stopped by the box office at 6pm and was able to secure a great center orchestra seat for $40 for tonight’s performance. 

SMASH Reading Lottery  Jan 31 2024, 05:20:00 PM

Ditto. They are still drawing every day at noon until February 1st so not counting myself out just yet. Gospeed!

GUTENBERG! How Early for Rush Tickets?  Jan 21 2024, 08:24:34 PM

Hi there! I rushed last Wednesday. I arrived at the Box Office around 1:30pm and was able to secure a rush seat for the 2pm matinee.  The weather was on my side—it was freezing and it had snowed the night before—so I knew odds were favorable. Good Luck!

Next week advice  Dec 22 2023, 10:18:27 AM

That promotion was a bit misleading. What they portrayed as groundbreaking was simply just rush. $50 seats are only available from 10a-1pm. I had a very similar experience to the OP at the Ohio box office. Attendant was rude and although they had PLENTY of empty seats, the cheapest seat he offered me was $129 because I was outside of the gated hours. I walked over to Spamalot—a far more popular choice—and snagged $49 Rush seats in the orchestra. The Ohio strategy baffles & per

Rush tickets right before a peformance?  Jun 27 2023, 09:09:25 PM

Seconding this message. It’s how I watch 90% of the shows I see. 

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway  May 7 2023, 02:45:39 PM

Ugh! How disappointing. Purchased tickets earlier today and checked their socials to confirm cast was on. They just announced 35 minutes ago! 

Rush Tickets Late Afternoon/Early Evening  May 6 2023, 07:19:24 PM

Yep! Just asked for Rush at the box office. 

Rush Tickets Late Afternoon/Early Evening  May 6 2023, 06:14:08 PM

They were marked “partial view” and I definitely missed parts of scene that elicited a reaction from the audience but for $35 no complaints. I was still able to follow the story—as much as you can with Grey House—without issue. 

Rush Tickets Late Afternoon/Early Evening  May 4 2023, 11:57:25 PM

I typically purchase Rush tickets in the evening after work and have been mostly successful. Tonight, I purchased 2 rush tickets ($35/pp) for Grey House at 7pm (Orchestra F13); last Thursday, purchase tickets to Parade for $79 a few minutes before curtain. Orchestra L. 

LEOPOLDSDTADT Rush?  Jan 12 2023, 11:21:55 PM

I’ve had the same experience you have just described. Can’t wait to read what others have to share. 

OHIO STATE MURDERS to close on 1/15  Jan 5 2023, 02:04:48 PM

Happy to hear rushing worked for you! What day/date did you try? I want to catch this before it closes and can’t really pay full price. 

OHIO STATE MURDERS to close on 1/15  Jan 5 2023, 12:56:17 PM

I’ve tried to rush this show several times and was always turned away. Granted, I was arriving at the window 2 hours prior to curtain due to work but seeing their level of sell-through, you would’ve hoped they would’ve been more accommodating.  I don’t think there was much interest in raising their financial viability. Better a discounted seat than an empty one, IMHO. 

A Beautiful Noise rush?  Jan 4 2023, 05:53:21 PM

I rushed “A Beautiful Noise” a few weeks ago (Saturday, December 10, evening performance) and arrived at the box office 5 minutes before curtain. Secured Orchestra P28. Good luck!

Shows with unofficial rush/deals before curtain?  Feb 20 2022, 12:17:40 PM

On the evening of MLK Jr. holiday, friends & I decided to see Six last minute but had a budget.  We were able to snag Orchestra C tickets for $79 an hour before curtain. Those same seats were retailing for $189 throughout the day. I’ve heard others throughout this forum have gotten great seats for $49 at Six doing the same. 

Music Man Rush Line.  Jan 20 2022, 01:10:35 AM

I was monitoring ticket sales throughout the day and noticed they had plenty of availability for tonight (1/19). I stopped in 2 hours before curtain & then once again 5 minutes before hoping they would offer any of the discounted rates mentioned on this thread—I tried that with Six on Monday to great success—and the cheapest option the Winter Garden BO gave me was $189 for Orchestra Right Row O from two different attendants.   That was outside my budget so I declined. &nb

Girl from the North Country Rush  Feb 8 2020, 05:45:59 PM

chuckydisc said: "Hopelesslydevoted24 said: "I just rushed this morning. I arrived at 11:00am"

Don't know how you can consider that "rushing" when you arrive an hour after the process is already over.
"

Hi. Thank you for your keen observation. I live 6 miles away from the theatre district and have rushed as late at 7pm for an 8pm curtain.  You don’t get to decide the timeline for rushing. The theatre does and they

Girl from the North Country Rush  Feb 8 2020, 11:56:52 AM
I just rushed this morning. I arrived at 11:00am and they were
all sold out for both performances today. Ticket office mentioned
people have been queuing prior to opening but don’t
know how early they’re arriving. When I asked where are
the seats located, I was told it’s dependent on sell-through
so it could be pretty much anywhere in the theater.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You