News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Hopelesslydevoted24

Member Name: Hopelesslydevoted24
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

ILLINOISE Reviews  May 8 2024, 06:14:33 PM

One of the FOH employees posted her condolences. I believe she’s an usher at the St. James. 

Where were your RUSH seats for these shows (and would you advise for or against them)?  May 5 2024, 06:21:46 AM

I rushed Gatsby on Thursday evening for an 8pm curtain.  Arrived at the box office around 7pm and secured Orchestra F, two seats away from center aisle. Perfect view. 

Mary Jane & Mother Play only offer rush through TodayTix unless you’re a student or under 30. 

I’ve tried to rush W4E during the day as I can’t make mornings and have always been denied despite being poorly sold through in some instances. 

<

LEMPICKA closing May 19  May 2 2024, 07:55:24 PM

That makes my heart happy. I love that little show so much and I’m rooting for it to win. 

Rush Tickets  May 2 2024, 08:50:09 AM

Stereophonic still offers digital rush as well 

https://rush.telecharge.com/

OH MARY! Officially Transferring to Lyceum Theatre this Summer - 12 Weeks  Apr 27 2024, 06:17:06 PM

I can attest to that. I attempted to purchase tickets at 12:30pm ET on the day of the announcement and those dates were already sold out. 

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Previews  Apr 13 2024, 02:07:53 PM

They offer a $25 for 25 and in-person rush for $45 if the lottery is not available. 

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Previews  Apr 7 2024, 05:30:33 PM

BCfitasafiddle said: "Had absolutely no expectations for this. Went in a bit skeptical and unbothered. Had the BEST TIME. It has a certain charm that you just can't stop smiling from beginning to end. Were there issues? Of course. But I wasn't bothered by them. Corey and McKenzie are wonderful. The whole cast is giving 150%. The dance numbers are electric, arrangements are a blast. I think a lot of work will be done and it'll be even better in a few weeks.

The

Gothamist: Why are Broadway tickets so expensive right now? It’s not just inflation.  Apr 5 2024, 11:04:57 PM

This $50 offer had a strict time window. A more apt description for this was any seat purchased between 10am—1pm was $50.  Frankly, it was even more restrictive than a regular rush policy. 

DOUBT 2024 Previews  Feb 13 2024, 06:46:53 PM

Thank you for this post. I took a chance after reading it  and stopped by the box office at 6pm and was able to secure a great center orchestra seat for $40 for tonight’s performance. 

SMASH Reading Lottery  Jan 31 2024, 05:20:00 PM

Ditto. They are still drawing every day at noon until February 1st so not counting myself out just yet. Gospeed!

GUTENBERG! How Early for Rush Tickets?  Jan 21 2024, 08:24:34 PM

Hi there! I rushed last Wednesday. I arrived at the Box Office around 1:30pm and was able to secure a rush seat for the 2pm matinee.  The weather was on my side—it was freezing and it had snowed the night before—so I knew odds were favorable. Good Luck!

Next week advice  Dec 22 2023, 10:18:27 AM

That promotion was a bit misleading. What they portrayed as groundbreaking was simply just rush. $50 seats are only available from 10a-1pm. I had a very similar experience to the OP at the Ohio box office. Attendant was rude and although they had PLENTY of empty seats, the cheapest seat he offered me was $129 because I was outside of the gated hours. I walked over to Spamalot—a far more popular choice—and snagged $49 Rush seats in the orchestra. The Ohio strategy baffles & per

Rush tickets right before a peformance?  Jun 27 2023, 09:09:25 PM

Seconding this message. It’s how I watch 90% of the shows I see. 

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway  May 7 2023, 02:45:39 PM

Ugh! How disappointing. Purchased tickets earlier today and checked their socials to confirm cast was on. They just announced 35 minutes ago! 

Rush Tickets Late Afternoon/Early Evening  May 6 2023, 07:19:24 PM

Yep! Just asked for Rush at the box office. 

Rush Tickets Late Afternoon/Early Evening  May 6 2023, 06:14:08 PM

They were marked “partial view” and I definitely missed parts of scene that elicited a reaction from the audience but for $35 no complaints. I was still able to follow the story—as much as you can with Grey House—without issue. 

Rush Tickets Late Afternoon/Early Evening  May 4 2023, 11:57:25 PM

I typically purchase Rush tickets in the evening after work and have been mostly successful. Tonight, I purchased 2 rush tickets ($35/pp) for Grey House at 7pm (Orchestra F13); last Thursday, purchase tickets to Parade for $79 a few minutes before curtain. Orchestra L. 

LEOPOLDSDTADT Rush?  Jan 12 2023, 11:21:55 PM

I’ve had the same experience you have just described. Can’t wait to read what others have to share. 

OHIO STATE MURDERS to close on 1/15  Jan 5 2023, 02:04:48 PM

Happy to hear rushing worked for you! What day/date did you try? I want to catch this before it closes and can’t really pay full price. 

OHIO STATE MURDERS to close on 1/15  Jan 5 2023, 12:56:17 PM

I’ve tried to rush this show several times and was always turned away. Granted, I was arriving at the window 2 hours prior to curtain due to work but seeing their level of sell-through, you would’ve hoped they would’ve been more accommodating.  I don’t think there was much interest in raising their financial viability. Better a discounted seat than an empty one, IMHO. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You