pixeltracker

Broadway legends still alive - Page 3

Broadway legends still alive

MlleDaae Profile Photo
MlleDaae
#50Broadway legends still alive
Posted: 4/28/20 at 6:47pm

I'd definitely make the case for Sutton Foster. Not only does her resume speak for itself ( ~20 yrs of leads beginning with Millie), she's still getting cast in Broadway shows despite her extremely active TV career. 

"You are young. Life has been kind to you ...You will learn."

KJ4 Profile Photo
KJ4
#51Broadway legends still alive
Posted: 5/3/20 at 9:36am

most people confused the meaning of 'legends' and 'being good at'

legends are term people used to call people in the past, who open door for many others to follow, who being a giant for many to stand on.

However, that does not mean their talents/good at will be beyond reach to the point modern/young artist can not compare.

Let face it, if talk about 'being amazing' in acting/singing wise. Lot of younger generation are better than them. Of course, those legends might good too in their days but not forever.

We simply honors their name, and it s the right things to do since without them this younger generation will not have it easy like this.

But please, do not through the word legends to people and forced them to think that has the same meaning as 'the best in the industry AS OF NOW' . The same for younger generation now that people keep saying he/she has the best voice in the world. That statement is legit for a period of time until someone come along. It s called being human and have development.

So if u wanna watch the legends, I think better find those people who BW community hold status high in term of the dedication they did.

ps. Huge Jackman is in no way to be called BW legends. What did he do to the BW development?  If you like him that s fine but it s another story altogether. But do not confused with the word legends here.

Updated On: 5/4/20 at 09:36 AM

Jarethan
#52Broadway legends still alive
Posted: 5/4/20 at 12:15pm

MlleDaae said: "I'd definitely make the case for Sutton Foster. Not only does her resume speak for itself ( ~20 yrs of leads beginning with Millie), she's still getting cast in Broadway shows despite her extremely active TV career."

I love SF but disagree with you emphatically.  Maybe some day, but nowhere near there now.