Audition Song Advice

borlechristian
#1Audition Song Advice
Posted: 5/3/20 at 3:23pm

So, i'm trying to prepare for my dream high school (it's a school that focuses on the arts) In order to get into the school you need to audition with a song and monologue. For the song, it has to be a minute long. What i've noticed with a lot of songs, the good vocal parts are in the middle.

I'm trying to find a song that shows my vocal range in the minute i have, and is unpopular

For context, i'm a mezzo-soprano, who can also do alto.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Audition Song Advice
Posted: 5/3/20 at 4:52pm

Your cut of the song can come from the middle! Use whatever portion shows off your voice the best!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

bwaylvsong
#3Audition Song Advice
Posted: 5/3/20 at 6:03pm

-Yes, the middle is fine as long as it makes sense.
-Note the length that is asked for- going by approximate timing, “32 bars” is a minute, “16 bars” is 30 seconds, and “brief song” is 2 minutes.
-Make sure the song you choose is one you love, is age-appropriate, and comfortable vocally.

borlechristian
#4Audition Song Advice
Posted: 5/3/20 at 6:12pm

oh yeah. I kinda forget i can do that haha. I just want a song that will work with my audition