pixeltracker

Nicole Kidman and Javier Bardem as Lucy and Desi?- Page 5

Nicole Kidman and Javier Bardem as Lucy and Desi?

NameGreg Profile Photo
NameGreg
#100Nicole Kidman and Javier Bardem as Lucy and Desi?
Posted: 4/25/21 at 5:44pm

JK Simmons is perfectly cast. I think Kidman and Bardem are certainly odd, though they’re both great actors and could make it work. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt, as I still think this will be almost entirely behind the scenes, if not the full thing.

“Somebody stop me before I sing again” - Bazzard

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#101Nicole Kidman and Javier Bardem as Lucy and Desi?
Posted: 4/25/21 at 5:49pm

NameGreg said: "JK Simmons is perfectly cast. I think Kidman and Bardem are certainly odd, though they’re both great actors and could make it work. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt, as I still think this will be almost entirely behind the scenes, if not the full thing."

It has been confirmed - the entire film takes place during a week in production of an episode of I LOVE LUCY.  No one is playing the characters of the sitcom but the actors. Thru flashbacks, we will see how Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz met, fell in love, etc.  This was never to be a remake of I LOVE LUCY.  No one is imitating Lucy or Ricky Ricardo or Fred and Ethel Mertz.  

NameGreg Profile Photo
NameGreg
#102Nicole Kidman and Javier Bardem as Lucy and Desi?
Posted: 4/25/21 at 5:55pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "NameGreg said: "JK Simmons is perfectly cast. I think Kidman and Bardem are certainly odd, though they’re both great actors and could make it work. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt, as I still think this will be almost entirely behind the scenes, if not the full thing."

It has been confirmed - the entire film takes place during a week in production of an episode of I LOVE LUCY. No one is playing the characters of the sitcom but the actors. Thru flashbacks, we will see how Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz met, fell in love, etc. This was never to be a remake of I LOVE LUCY. No one is imitating Lucy or Ricky Ricardo or Fred and Ethel Mertz.

"

I realize it’s not a remake of I Love Lucy, but when the setting is during a week of production for that show, there’s a very real chance that there’s scenes showing them working on scenes or recreating them, that’s what I’m talking about. And as I said, I’m guessing that’ll be a small part, or kept entirely offscreen.

“Somebody stop me before I sing again” - Bazzard

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#103Nicole Kidman and Javier Bardem as Lucy and Desi?
Posted: 4/25/21 at 10:01pm

Bardem is just too old for the part. And Kidman too conventionally pretty.