pixeltracker

David Byrne's American Utopia "Unchained"

David Byrne's American Utopia "Unchained"

BroadwayBen
#1David Byrne's American Utopia "Unchained"
Posted: 12/27/21 at 1:22pm

This sounds amazing, very "Mickey and Judy" let's figure out how to do the show...Have they posted a final set list anywhere?   I'm going to try to see this.   

anonanimal1218
#2David Byrne's American Utopia "Unchained"
Posted: 12/27/21 at 7:27pm

First performance is tomorrow. Angie Swan just had a video up of them rehearsing “And She Was” 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#4David Byrne's American Utopia "Unchained"
Posted: 12/29/21 at 12:11pm

I won the lottery for tomorrow night so I think I’m gonna like this new experience

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

ArtMan
#5David Byrne's American Utopia
Posted: 12/29/21 at 12:14pm

Just looked at the setlist.  Do they not do "Burning Down The House" during the regular show?  If so, why is it not included in this version?

Updated On: 12/29/21 at 12:14 PM

yyys
#6David Byrne's American Utopia "Unchained"
Posted: 12/29/21 at 12:19pm

Prob need the full crew to do a faithful version of it (vocals mainly?)

ArtMan said: "Just looked at the setlist. Do they not do "Buring Down The House" during the regular show? If so, why is it not included in this version?"

quizking101
#7David Byrne's American Utopia "Unchained"
Posted: 12/29/21 at 12:20pm

ArtMan said: "Just looked at the setlist. Do they not do "Buring Down The House" during the regular show? If so, why is it not included in this version?"

They do it during the regular show, but this version of the show is basically an accommodation to the lack of musicians they have due to COVID absences. It’s pros so let they either couldn’t or didn’t want to do “Burning Down The House” (a guaranteed crowd pleaser and full band experience) “stripped down”

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

ArtMan
#8David Byrne's American Utopia "Unchained"
Posted: 12/29/21 at 12:23pm

Thanks for the info.  Even though Talking Heads were popular when I was.......I think that is the only song I know from them.  Off topic, I'm debating whether to see Erasure in two weeks.

quizking101
#9David Byrne's American Utopia "Unchained"
Posted: 12/31/21 at 12:52am

I was there tonight and the crowd and I basically just ate it all up. It’s basically a revised Talking Heads concert, but David and eight other members of the band were in fine form and rocked a pretty good set list. The best way to describe it was like going to your oddball uncle’s house for a house party and hearing him crack jokes and ramble out anecdotes before playing a solid tune. 

Highly recommend for those who are fans of the original show or just Talking Heads in general