pixeltracker

Question about 'Six the Musical'

Question about 'Six the Musical'

Javi Profile Photo
Javi
#1Question about 'Six the Musical'
Posted: 3/17/22 at 12:02am

So I'm taking a friend to see 'Six the Musical'.  She doesn't know a single thing about the show.  Do you think she will easily pick up that it's about Henry VIII's wives or do you think it might be helpful if I told her just that bit of information so she knows right from the start?  When I first saw the show two years ago, I kinda knew that info and I think that helped me.  Not sure if it's obvious right from the start.  I don't want her to be lost with the plot right from the start.  What are your thoughts?

hearthemsing22
#2Question about 'Six the Musical'
Posted: 3/17/22 at 12:05am

I knew nothing when I went in. And I ended up loving the show so much. I’d see it again if tickets weren’t so expensive. So I think your friend will be fine. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#3Question about 'Six the Musical'
Posted: 3/17/22 at 12:06am

Javi said: "So I'm taking a friend to see 'Six the Musical'. She doesn't know a single thing about the show. Do you think she will easily pick up that it's about Henry VIII's wives or do you think it might be helpful if I told her just that bit of information so she knows right from the start? When I first saw the show two years ago, I kinda knew that info and I think that helped me. Not sure if it's obvious right from the start. I don't want her to be lost with the plot right from the start. What are your thoughts?"

I'm also seeing this live next week. There's lots of historical background it would be helpful to know, so I hear. If I get the chance, I will binge-watch Lucy Worsley's "Six Wives" before going to see SIX, just to see how historically accurate the show is. Supposedly, Marlow and Moss used Worsley's documentary series for inspiration. 

Oh look, a bibu!

broadwayindie
#4Question about 'Six the Musical'
Posted: 3/17/22 at 12:56am

Read the playbill and you'll be fine. The playbill is not comprehensive but the lyrics in the show is basically an explainer of the queen's story. If there isn't something they fully understand its really not a big deal. The focus is not the story but performances, which are stellar. Enjoy!

Javi Profile Photo
Javi
#5Question about 'Six the Musical'
Posted: 3/17/22 at 7:09am

Thanks, guys!  We saw it tonight and she loved it!  I ended up not telling her anything and she loved the show.  :)

Javi Profile Photo
Javi
#6Question about 'Six the Musical'
Posted: 3/17/22 at 7:09am

Thanks, guys!  We saw it tonight and she loved it!  I ended up not telling her anything and she loved the show.  :)