Profile for EDSOSLO858

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
Member Name: EDSOSLO858
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Broadway Previews  Feb 23 2024, 12:00:01 AM

Step right up and put some wind in your sails!

Benzini Brothers Circus makes a pit stop in New York City, as the new musical Water for Elephants begins previews tomorrow (February 24) at the Imperial Theatre, following a stint last summer at the Alliance Theatre where it won the BroadwayWorld Atlanta award for best musical. A high-end visual spectacle, the tuner is capitalized at an estimated $25 million, making it the costliest new musical of the current Broadway se

2023-2024 Broadway Season  Feb 22 2024, 03:23:18 PM

A second performance of Alan Cumming Is Not Acting His Age has just been announced for March 25.

What's Next for the Broadhurst?  Feb 22 2024, 12:37:21 PM

Broadway Flash said: "They said spring. It would be a shame if it just sits there empty for nearly a year."

It recently sat empty for close to a year after Jagged Little Pill suddenly closed, and before A Beautiful Noise began previews. 

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Broadway Previews  Feb 22 2024, 10:59:09 AM

The show’s lottery will be in person and same-day. Entry begins two hours before a performance, drawing is 90 mins before curtain, tix are $40.

In-person rush tix will also be available for $49 on performance days. 

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE to announce closing date soon  Feb 22 2024, 10:28:52 AM

June 30 was made official about 30 mins ago.

Anyway, the show had a nice run in NY. We do have the Louis Armstrong and Johnny Cash bio-jukeboxes ready to cater to similar target audiences in the next season or two. 

A prime musical house is now vacant for the fall… will be curious to see what takes the Broadhurst next. 

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE to announce closing date soon  Feb 21 2024, 11:40:59 PM

How could A Beautiful Noise possibly have the same weekly running cost as the upcoming, pricey Cabaret revival? Song royalties, perhaps? Inflation? I feel like something's a bit fishy here...

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE to announce closing date soon  Feb 21 2024, 08:20:58 PM

NYTix is not usually a trustworthy source, so I’m taking this with a grain of salt. 

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS at the Imperial Theatre, Opening March '24  Feb 21 2024, 01:22:52 PM

Anastasia_Beaverhausen said: "Are they removing the orchestra pit?"

I'm not sure, but there was an orchestra pit for the Alliance run.

DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES - Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Feb 21 2024, 01:17:36 PM

In our cast album thread for this show, I admitted that I wasn't exactly enamored by the music upon my first listen, but I still felt inclined to give Wine and Roses a shot given the bang-up reviews from a few weeks ago.

I'm so glad I did.

Yes, it's not a perfect show and certainly not a hummable score, but the storytelling is first-rate and kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. Brian and Kelli are on their way to some well-earned Tony nods, t

Great Gatsby: First Preview Tickets - Rush  Feb 20 2024, 04:18:54 PM

Lottery and/or rush policies are usually announced between 1-3 days before first preview. 

DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES - Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Feb 20 2024, 03:40:49 PM

Seeing this in a few hours and I can’t wait. 

Will report back tomorrow. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/18/24  Feb 20 2024, 02:19:29 PM

Vacation week boom!

The longer runners have gotten back to more "normal" numbers for the time being. Also, great first full weeks for Notebook and for Tveit and Foster in Sweeney.

Is Satine really gone at the end of the play?  Feb 20 2024, 01:32:25 AM

blaxx said: "She gone to the Heaviside Layer."

That would be just about a 6-hour drive to the Russell Hotel. 

Paper Mill’s THE GREAT GATSBY musical will transfer to Broadway  Feb 19 2024, 04:16:06 PM

Several new faces in the ensemble of the Broadway company:

• Traci Elaine Lee (Shucked)
  • Ryah Nixon (Once Upon a One More Time)
  • Kayla Pecchioni (Some Like It Hot)
  • Dave Schoonover (Bad Cinderella)
  • Derek Jordan Taylor (Funny Girl)

Of the six swings that were also announced today, only one of them worked on this Gatsby at Paper Mill.

The Life & Slimes of Marc Summers  Feb 17 2024, 05:46:44 PM

I see a couple of exciting creatives attached to the piece in Gasparini and Brightman. 

Is Nickelodeon one of the producers of this show? 

SMASH Reading Lottery  Feb 16 2024, 06:09:18 PM

This caught me by surprise, in a great way. 

Place was packed this afternoon for the final open rehearsal, and I still can’t believe I spotted Patti and Spielberg. Saw most of the creatives, Angie Schworer, Lance Roberts, Matthew Lopez, Macy Schmidt too.

I wasn’t overly familiar with the TV series beforehand, but I had heard some of the music before. Marc and Scott have written a tuneful score that barely falters, and it’s too bad they won’t be Tony-

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’  Feb 15 2024, 11:07:08 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "The NYT and other publications would only re-review ifthe productioninvitesthem to re-review. Strong reviews would certainly help sales; negative would not (even if it's only 50% negative).

There might also bean understanding (contractual or otherwise) with the artists' reps that the press be invited to re-review.

Bernadette in Dolly and Lea Michele in Funny Girl are the most high-profile Broadway replaceme

& JULIET Replacement Casting  Feb 15 2024, 11:30:16 AM

TaffyDavenport said: "David Bedella joins the cast in his Olivier-winning role as Lance, replacing Paulo Szot from March 5 through July 15, afterwhichSzot will return."

Another A+ replacement in fair Verona.

THE HEART OF ROCK &ROLL  Feb 14 2024, 09:04:08 PM

RumTumJM said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "RumTumJM said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Doesn't look like the sale made much of an impact on any date. I have my eyes on a specific date that I want but have been waiting for a discount code to become available since it's not selling at all."

HAHAHA! I'm doing the same exact thing!

"

I simply wait for most shows to announce their lottery policy. Can’tget

THE HEART OF ROCK &ROLL  Feb 14 2024, 06:34:48 PM

RumTumJM said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Doesn't look like the sale made much of an impact on any date. I have my eyes on a specific date that I want but have been waiting for a discount code to become available since it's not selling at all."

HAHAHA! I'm doing the same exact thing!

"

I simply wait for most shows to announce their lottery policy. Can’t get much cheaper than that most of the time (though to

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You