pixeltracker

West End CABARET Revival (and B’way Transfer?) - News & Discussion Thread- Page 24

West End CABARET Revival (and B’way Transfer?) - News & Discussion Thread

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#575West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 8/22/23 at 9:16pm

JSquared2 said: "Bettyboy72 said:Jake was a let down in Kinky Boots. Couldn't sing the score, was winded throughout and the acting was non-existent. The emcee is certainly in his wheelhouse. but I hope he has an acting coach."

Whaaa?? Are you sure you actually saw him in the show? He seemed more than capable when I saw him.
"

Yes I am a fan and saw him midway through his run. I love Jake but he had trouble with the soulful score when I saw him. His range was limited and he couldn’t belt at all. He did fine with some of the poppier parts. He seemed out of his element acting on stage. That was my impression. It did not seem he and the woman from Pentatonix moved tickets as the theatre was half empty on a weeknight.

The emcee is a very complex and layered role, not an affected gogo boy. I hope Jake has support during rehearsals. I’d have preferred an actor with some vocal skill over a pop performer. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello