Mimi Hines as Molly Brown...

broadwaydanwi Profile Photo
broadwaydanwi
#1Mimi Hines as Molly Brown...
Posted: 5/14/22 at 12:35pm

Now that we are approaching summer-stock season, I thought I would share a new page featuring a 1975 production of THE UNSINKABLE MOLLY BROWN on my "Memories of Melody Top" website. Click on the link below to see production photos and to hear audio clips from this recording-setting staging of the Meredith Willson musical. An added bonus, located at the very bottom of the page, is the chance to hear producer Martin Wiviott present a Show Stopper Award to his two stars, Mimi Hines and Peter Palmer. Enjoy the memories...

Mimi Hines and Peter Palmer in THE UNSINKABLE MOLLY BROWN

markypoo Profile Photo
markypoo
#2Mimi Hines as Molly Brown...
Posted: 5/15/22 at 9:28am

So she too was a chandelier-swinger; along with Jane Powell.

nmartin Profile Photo
nmartin
#3Mimi Hines as Molly Brown...
Posted: 5/15/22 at 12:23pm

Although I grew up in a different part of the country, I always enjoy your Melody Top posts and  website.

Thank you!

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#4Mimi Hines as Molly Brown...
Posted: 5/16/22 at 2:33pm

Love Mimi Hines. Great singer, actor and performer but the song she sings seems too low for her.

Peter Palmer sounds dreamy. What a great performer he was. Lil Abner. Lorelie and here. 

broadwaydanwi Profile Photo
broadwaydanwi
#5Mimi Hines as Molly Brown...
Posted: 5/20/22 at 8:10pm

markypoo said: "So she too was a chandelier-swinger; along with Jane Powell."

Yes, I think that was a standard piece of staging for any production of THE UNSINKABLE MOLLY BROWN at Melody Top and many other summer stock venues.

And thank you to the 1,061 visitors who looked at my newest web page during the first week it was online. I really appreciate all of your support and encouragement.

Updated On: 5/20/22 at 08:10 PM