News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for nmartin

nmartin Profile Photo
Member Name: nmartin
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Where Are You, Dollypop?  Apr 1 2024, 03:01:33 PM

Why is it that you can't go out without a baseball bat?

Chita Rivera has died  Jan 30 2024, 08:22:24 PM

In 1984 I was twenty-four and left my Southern state to fly to New York to see Chita Rivera in The Rink. I have loved her ever since. I made return trips to see her in Jerry's Girls and, most memorably, Kiss of the Spider Woman. Legend is a word too often bandied about. In the case of Chita Rivera, it fits! 

THE NIGHT OF THE IGUANA Off-Broadway with Tim Daly, Daphne Rubin-Vega and Lea DeLaria  Jan 7 2024, 03:22:52 PM

Sinister Teashop, please elaborate on your statement. I always thought Williams had very little, if anything, to do with the Iguana film. The only thing I can ever remember reading about Williams and the film is that he objected to the casting of Ava Gardner.

THE NIGHT OF THE IGUANA Off-Broadway with Tim Daly, Daphne Rubin-Vega and Lea DeLaria  Jan 7 2024, 12:38:29 PM

Owen 22, you are absolutely correct. The film version is vastly superior. The screenplay is a major improvement over the stage version, and the cast is incredible, especially Ava Gardner and Grayson Hall.

RIP to the wonderful Sheila Smith (Mame, Company, Follies, Sugar)  Dec 4 2023, 04:00:22 PM

Playbill obituary link.

Ermengarde, thank you for making me aware of this sad passing.

I hope I posted the link correctly.

Sheila Smith

RIP to the wonderful Sheila Smith (Mame, Company, Follies, Sugar)  Dec 3 2023, 06:56:12 AM

I am genuinely sorry to hear this. I first became aware of her when PBS aired Taking My Turn in 1984 and later saw her in Harold Prince's 1994 Show Boat at the Gershwin. She was obviously a very dedicated performer. May she rest in peace.

Candy Puns for Bat Mitzvah party  Oct 26 2023, 08:20:10 PM

I love Twizzler on the Roof.

Not only would I eat it, I'd go see it.

Forgotten Musicals  Aug 13 2023, 10:42:03 AM

I loved The Rink.

The brilliant Tom Jones (The Fantasticks, 110 in the Shade, I Do! I Do!) has died at 95.  Aug 12 2023, 12:54:14 PM

"Without a hurt the heart is hollow"

First National Tour  Jul 30 2023, 01:22:44 PM

Harvey Evans and Larry Kert did a tour of it at one time. Not sure when.

Parade: Horrible Sound  Jul 28 2023, 11:37:04 PM

I'm back from Parade and very happy to report that the sound was very, very much better. I even understood the shirtless boy.

Ben Platt was very good. I was glad to see Howard McGillin again. The last time I saw him was in 1985 in The Mystery of Edwin Drood.

Micaela Diamond is something special.

Parade: Horrible Sound  Jul 27 2023, 10:08:32 PM

Sutton, thank you for your post!

I suppose this means more to me than it should, but I really think that this show will be a major theatrical experience for me. I feel much more confident about tomorrow night after your post!

I went to see The Cottage tonight and very much enjoyed it.  Laura Bell Bundy is a treasure!

Parade: Horrible Sound  Jul 27 2023, 03:46:57 PM

Sutton, where were you sitting?

Edit: If anyone has sat in Orchestra Center, Row G, Seat 101 or one near to it, I would appreciate you letting me know if the sound was excellent from this area.

Parade: Horrible Sound  Jul 27 2023, 12:54:22 PM

Ozmopolitan, thank you!

I will be in Orchestra Center, Row G, Seat 101 tomorrow night. Your post makes me think the sound will be far superior from that seat.

Edit: One of the people behind me last night who said he also could not understand most of the lyrics made a comment about the speaker near to us.

Parade: Horrible Sound  Jul 27 2023, 08:40:36 AM

Thanks for the responses.

Since the others around me were complaining at intermission, there definitely was a problem. Perhaps it had to do with that section of the mezzanine. I'll post after Friday's performance about my experience in Orchestra Center, G-101.

Lot 666, sorry to hear about your Sweeney Todd sound issues Your experience at that show certainly mirrors mine at Parade.

Parade: Horrible Sound  Jul 27 2023, 08:05:54 AM

I actually wondered about that, but at intermission the others around me were also complaining about the horrible sound. Also, the sound improved markedly in Act 2. I truly believe that it was a mixing mishap that I assume was unique to last night's performance, particularly Act 1.

Edit: I had no sound problems this summer with Chicago, Sweeney Todd, and Good Night, Oscar.

Parade: Horrible Sound  Jul 27 2023, 07:00:33 AM

I posted this in the Parade thread, but that thread is so long that I started a new one. I'm hoping someone can tell me whom to contact about the situation below. Also, please let me know your experience with the sound and where you sat. Thank you!

Original Post

Tuesday I was in Mount Carmel Cemetery in Queens visiting graves. As I was about to leave, I remembered that I had seen on the

PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Jul 26 2023, 11:38:21 PM

Tuesday I was in Mount Carmel Cemetery in Queens visiting graves. As I was about to leave, I remembered that I had seen on the internet that Leo Frank is buried there. I visited his grave, which gave me the motivation to buy a ticket to Parade.

I went tonight.

The sound mix in Act 1 was absolutely appalling. 70+% of the lyrics were unintelligible. I was in the center mezzanine, seat 101. During intermission people were voicing their displeasure. I turned to the people b

THE COTTAGE On Broadway - Previews Thread  Jul 21 2023, 06:18:06 PM

Thanks for letting me know!

Hopefully, someone can let me know if the center front row orchestra is too close for this show. Do you have a recollection if this is a high or low stage?

THE COTTAGE On Broadway - Previews Thread  Jul 21 2023, 04:23:20 PM

Is the first row of the orchestra too close for this show? I'm trying to decide between first row orchestra or first row center mezzanine. Thanks!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You