SOME LIKE IT HOT - Rush

Lumiere2 Profile Photo
Lumiere2
#1SOME LIKE IT HOT - Rush
Posted: 11/12/22 at 2:36pm

Starting the rush tickets thread! It's $40 each, day-of at the box office, locations subject to whatever the box office wants to give out.

I have a friend who was there today and got offered to locations for 8pm tonight: two tickets at $40 for either last row of the mezzanine in the centre, or 2nd row orchestra on the right side, aisle. They took the 2nd row orchestra.

Based on how word of mouth is building, I think these seats are going to go to Partial View soon. But a $40 general rush is still a great deal!

Aroberts3
#2SOME LIKE IT HOT - Rush
Posted: 11/26/22 at 1:50pm

Walked up to the box office at 1:15 today (Saturday) and asked for a ticket to the 2:00 show. Was offered a $40 ticket, row N, seat 10, full view.

broadwayboy118
#3SOME LIKE IT HOT - Rush
Posted: 12/6/22 at 10:44am

Hey there,

I won the lottery for tomorrow night's performance.  Does anyone have an idea of where the seats will be?  I honestly have no idea if they are doing orchestra or balcony...

Thanks!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#4SOME LIKE IT HOT - Rush
Posted: 12/6/22 at 10:46am

It appears this is an easy rush to win.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Broadway Buddy
#5SOME LIKE IT HOT - Rush
Posted: 12/6/22 at 2:38pm

I was offered a rush ticket an hour before the show a couple of weeks ago on a Wednesday evening. I didn't end up purchasing just timing-wise, but good to know for future reference that they were available that late in the day.

thoroughlymodernbilly
#6SOME LIKE IT HOT - Rush
Posted: 12/6/22 at 4:14pm

I won the lottery for tomorrow night and seats are first row of the balcony. It kind of made me wish that I just waited to do the in-person rush (maybe the box office would’ve given me a couple closer seat options?). But oh well, looking forward to it regardless! 

broadwayboy118
#7SOME LIKE IT HOT - Rush
Posted: 12/6/22 at 4:24pm

thoroughlymodernbilly said: "I won the lottery for tomorrow night and seats are first row of the balcony. It kind of made me wish that I just waited to do the in-person rush (maybe the box office would’ve given me a couple closer seat options?). But oh well, looking forward to it regardless!"

Ah thanks! My friend isn't able to make it tomorrow so I decided not to purchase the lotto tickets -  but thanks for letting me know. Hope you enjoy the show! I'm def gonna see it soon.   SOME LIKE IT HOT - Rush

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#8SOME LIKE IT HOT - Rush
Posted: 12/6/22 at 6:52pm

thoroughlymodernbilly said: "I won the lottery for tomorrow night and seats are first row of the balcony. It kind of made me wish that I just waited to do the in-person rush (maybe the box office would’ve given me a couple closer seat options?). But oh well, looking forward to it regardless!"

I honestly believe this is a show better seen with the entire stage in view. It’s a big show (choreography set design, etc) so you will have a great time! 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

Broadway Buddy
#9SOME LIKE IT HOT - Rush
Posted: 12/11/22 at 1:12pm

Was able to get two rush tickets 45 minutes before the matinee, yesterday, 12/10. Mezz row C 26 & 28 (isle). Despite it being partial view, it really wasn't all that bad, especially for $40. Loved the show and would definitely go again.

MemorableUserName
#10SOME LIKE IT HOT - Rush
Posted: 12/18/22 at 10:44am

Posted in the other thread, but I rushed at mid-afternoon yesterday and got side front orchestra, five or six rows back and close to the far aisle. It was a great view.

Some of the people behind me were talking and evidently met in the rush line that morning. Their seats were two or three rows back, but closer to center.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#11SOME LIKE IT HOT - Rush
Posted: 12/18/22 at 11:35am

I was in the 2nd row of the balcony Wednesday afternoon, and those first 3 rows are terrific for this show. I was in no way disappointed, and as I posted elsewhere, consider those seats vastly superior to the claustrophobic rear mezz, worst seats in the house.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#12SOME LIKE IT HOT - Rush
Posted: 1/10/23 at 12:37pm

Friend is coming to visit next week and we are going to try and get rush tickets next friday. We are going to need four rush tickets but three of us work in the morning so we will probably need to wait until at the earliest like 1 pm to get the tickets for all of us. Do you think Friday will be harder than usual for rush tickets?

Updated On: 1/10/23 at 12:37 PM

itsshowtime2
#13SOME LIKE IT HOT - Rush
Posted: 1/10/23 at 5:36pm

You might want to do the 2 for 1 Broadway week.

Lumiere2 Profile Photo
Lumiere2
#14SOME LIKE IT HOT - Rush
Posted: 5/16/23 at 11:09pm

So, six months late, but the rush is still happening and still very easy to get.

Got to the box office at 3pm today (Tuesday) and they offered us $40 tickets to balcony centre row J.

FTR: All $40 rush tickets are now in the balcony. They did, however, offer us $65 "rush" seats in row F/G of the mezzanine. We took these and the view was great.

BobbyChild2
#15SOME LIKE IT HOT - Rush
Posted: 5/16/23 at 11:44pm

I have seen lines everyday for SLIH in the mornings before opening... although sometimes not more than like 8 people at opening.

When I got my ticket at box office opening, it was front orch. So, although I think they sell rush later in the day, you don't get seats as good as the morning crew. Also, there's a nice lady who has seen the show like 50 times and she still waits in the morning.

Hope this helps!

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#16SOME LIKE IT HOT - Rush
Posted: 5/17/23 at 10:08am

I rushed on Saturday, 5/6 for the evening show.  Was the first one there at 8am.  When the box office opened at 10am, there was probably 20 in line since it was a double show day.  I got row E, side orchestra.  The 2 seats next to us weren't occupied, so we were able to move over.  Great seats and very excited to have seen the show again.  

mostly_musicals
#17SOME LIKE IT HOT - Rush
Posted: 5/30/23 at 2:09pm

checking in - anyone rush this recently? 

Updated On: 5/30/23 at 02:09 PM