pixeltracker

off Broadway-Lucy thoughts, reviews?

off Broadway-Lucy thoughts, reviews?

hearthemsing22
#1off Broadway-Lucy thoughts, reviews?
Posted: 1/24/23 at 10:53am

Has anyone seen this play? I'm very intrigued, but would love to hear from people who have seen it! 

https://playbill.com/production/lucy-off-broadway-minetta-lane-theatre-2023

Updated On: 1/24/23 at 10:53 AM

Ricey2
#2off Broadway-Lucy thoughts, reviews?
Posted: 2/4/23 at 9:24am

I haven’t seen a single review yet, but I did just win the rush for this so I’m hoping that it is good. I’ll give my thoughts later.

MaxD3
#3off Broadway-Lucy thoughts, reviews?
Posted: 2/4/23 at 10:28am

I saw it earlier this week. I enjoyed it. The two lead actresses delivered strong performances, and while it likely could be trimmed by a few minutes to maintain the momentum, I was engaged throughout and would recommend the show.

Ricey2
#4off Broadway-Lucy thoughts, reviews?
Posted: 2/4/23 at 9:17pm

Just got out of the theater. It was almost a perfect production for me. I really, really liked it. It gave me Lifetime movie crazy nanny vibes which is just in my wheelhouse. I thought that the production value and the actresses were amazing. 

I just really thought that they could have added like one more scene at the end to really drive it home. Everyone around me was confused on how THAT was the ending. In the end, yes, I think it is worth a see and I could see this even being “Broadway-worthy” if they just padded the ending. 

hearthemsing22
#5off Broadway-Lucy thoughts, reviews?
Posted: 2/5/23 at 8:15pm

Ricey2 said: "Just got out of the theater. It was almost a perfect production for me. I really, really liked it. It gave me Lifetime movie crazy nanny vibes which is just in my wheelhouse. I thought that the production value and the actresses were amazing.

I just really thought that they could have added like one more scene at the end to really drive it home. Everyone around me was confused on how THAT was the ending. In the end, yes, I think it is worth a see and I could see this even being “Broadway-worthy” if they just padded the ending.
"

Thank you!! I’ll definitely try for rush, and if not full price this week. 

Videos