News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Ricey2

Member Name: Ricey2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Is Days of Wine and Roses the early favorite for Best Original Score at the Tonys?
 Dec 27 2023, 06:46:43 PM

I really liked it, probably more than most of the mixed reception and I am not sure if it could win best original score. 

New Musical HELL'S KITCHEN, Based on the Life of Alicia Keys, to Premiere This Year
 Nov 8 2023, 12:09:18 PM

I managed to snag one of the tickets that opened up during the weekend and I am SO glad that I saw it. Truly one of the best things I have seen this year. I will say that I agree that I wish that the friends were more developed, but that is my one gripe?  

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/5/23
 Nov 7 2023, 01:37:17 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "Here Lies Lovehad their best week in a while yet just posted their closing notice, so their advance must be nonexistent.

Time will tell if this year’s few fall musicals will be next to close.
"

Exactly where my thoughts were. Sad that HLL did $100k+ in sales, but still pulled the trigger. 

THE GREAT GATSBY @ Paper Mill Playhouse Thread
 Sep 28 2023, 03:41:08 PM

I am already not vibing with it, but I love The Great Gatsby. I am going to go in with an open mind. The opening number was very off to me though. 

Cursed Child... right or wrong to support?
 Sep 17 2023, 08:51:13 PM

Personally, I also think it is a bit wrong to support. It’s complicated because Harry Potter means a whole lot to a lot of people… I am personally not one of those people. I also can separate art from the artist, but I don’t know. 

I did end up seeing the show from a friend who ended up not going. I thought that since she already got the money… then it would be a waste to not use the ticket. It does sound a little hypocritical of me to say it

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Broadway Reviews
 Sep 3 2023, 08:15:51 PM

you literally one post ago: “why aren’t people seeing this show??”

also you: “how dare people enjoy a show during its last performance!!” 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/27/23
 Aug 29 2023, 01:42:30 PM

HLL has another famous Filipino actress coming to the show soon, right? Hopefully that can turn the tide. 

Out For Blood - A cultural history of Carrie The Musical.
 Jul 31 2023, 11:01:49 AM

I actually grabbed the last copy from the Drama Bookshop yesterday right as they opened. I am so very excited to read this. 

Carrie the Musical is one of my favorite musicals. The score and the choreography are a product of their time, but I love them. Do we know any other musicals that have songs like the ones posted? I think Debbie Allen was a visionary for her work in this.   

My big dream is to have an original window card from the show

Symphonic version of RENT in concert in Washington DC
 Jul 27 2023, 10:27:12 AM

I was also there, middle of the orchestra. The sound was very terrible throughout the show. Mic drops were present the whole night. I don’t think I got to hear Miles Frost once the entire performance. The orchestra was very stunning though. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/23/23
 Jul 25 2023, 02:17:27 PM

Even though it is not amazing… I am honestly surprised how poor OUAOMT’s run has been. I would have thought it would have bigger numbers at least for a few months, but it has just not done well at all. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/9/23
 Jul 11 2023, 01:50:52 PM

hearthemsing22 said: "Now can I worry about Six? It's at ~$800,000.. but is that okay for a show that size with barely a set and such a small cast?"

No lol 

HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
 Jun 17 2023, 11:12:41 PM

Rear side mezz was really rough tonight, but the screens helped a lot for certain scenes. It felt like there were some preview bugs being worked out where it felt like there would be more scenes that were supposed to happen on the screens, but didn’t. 

Front mezz easily looks like THE best in the house for the show and I want to go back to experience that. That is where the magic will be. I feel like the floor really is not worth it after watching it in practice.

GREY HOUSE Previews
 May 31 2023, 03:29:26 PM

Hi! I put it in buy/sell, but I have a rush ticket for tonight at 8PM that I can’t use if anyone wants it. Just message me. I got it for the rush $35, but I would sell it for less. :)

BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Closing June 4
 May 31 2023, 06:53:23 AM

Will Savy be on both performances or just one of them? I’ve never caught her and I want to see her before it closes. 

PRIMA FACIE Free Understudy Performance 5/26
 May 26 2023, 01:53:01 PM

I regretted not picking up my ticket sooner as soon as I saw it was first come first serve. Got there around 1:05PM. My seat is still great. It’s M on the aisle. You get a poster program which is nice, but I suppose I gotta see it again to get the actual playbill though. 

Kelli O'Hara, Brian d'Arcy James to star in DAYS OF WINE & ROSES musical from LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA team
 May 16 2023, 10:40:52 PM

Brilliant show and performance by both d’Arcy and O’Hara. Not sure how it would do on Broadway, but I was captivated the whole time. I haven’t seen the film and don’t think I want to, but that was phenomenal.

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Broadway Previews Thread
 May 16 2023, 06:15:50 PM

I’m glad that I waited a little bit to review this from seeing this last night. I walked out HATING it with a passion, but that has mostly cooled now. 

It is just LOUD like the previous poster said. The music sounds like it is coming from the ****tiest bar speakers known to man. You can’t hear the vocals to save your life and it’s embarrassing that I can’t understand the words to songs that I know by heart. Fix the sound mixing and I will be a l

KPOP Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 May 8 2023, 04:29:16 PM

As soon as I came out of the theater, I know what was keeping this show from greatness. This is one of the few shows that I think REALLY would have benefited from having the album come out during previews. 

KPOP fans would eat this music up. TikTok would make dances to this music. This is THE strongest score of the year. I am so happy to finally have it released. 

New Look for BroadwayWorld! -- No Searching?
 May 4 2023, 10:03:28 AM

Mobile is a bit… bloated and white. It just feels like it hasn’t really been formatted correctly yet. I do always love a change of pace though. :) 

NEW YORK, NEW YORK On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
 Apr 27 2023, 11:52:31 AM

Has anyone done the rush here yet? I’m front row aisle and I’m curious on how much I’ll miss. I don’t mind because of the price I paid, but it’d be a shame if it’s a lot.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You