pixeltracker

Advice needed for upcoming London trip- Page 2

Advice needed for upcoming London trip

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#25Advice needed for upcoming London trip
Posted: 4/5/23 at 1:51pm

So happy you had a great trip!! I still need to do that ABBA show!!

Kitsune Profile Photo
Kitsune
#26Advice needed for upcoming London trip
Posted: 4/5/23 at 2:10pm

Seconding that I'm so glad you had a good trip, Theatre Fan 3!

My husband and I have tickets for London in late May/early June. Our current theater-going plans are:

• Groundhog Day (already have tickets)
  • Guys and Dolls (need to look at Jordan's post about where to sit!)
  • Matilda
  • The Ocean at the End of the Lane (tour, we're seeing the stop in Cardiff)
  • The Burnt City

I just saw that 2:22: A Ghost Story just extended at a new venue, so we may try to add that one as well. Any thoughts on where to sit at the Apollo?

Anything else that shouldn't be missed?

Theatre Fan3
#27Advice needed for upcoming London trip
Posted: 4/5/23 at 2:36pm

Kitsune said: "Seconding that I'm so glad you had a good trip, Theatre Fan 3!

My husband and I have tickets for London in late May/early June. Our current theater-going plans are:

• Groundhog Day (already have tickets)
  • Guys and Dolls (need to look at Jordan's post about where to sit!)
  • Matilda
  • The Ocean at the End of the Lane (tour, we're seeing the stop in Cardiff)
  • The Burnt City

I just saw that 2:22: A Ghost Story just extendedat a new venue, so we may try to add that one as well. Any thoughts on where to sit at the Apollo?

Anything else that shouldn't be missed?
"

That will be an easy move for 2:22: A Ghost Story as the Apollo Theatre is right next door to the Lyric Theatre.  My personal preference when seeing a show is towards the front of the stalls center when possible unless the show itself dictates sitting farther back to get a better over all view of the show.  In that case I would opt for the front of the Dress Circle rather than farther back in the stalls.  I was sitting center 3rd row of the stalls for 2:22 at the Lyric.  I don't recall off the top of my head if I've seen anything at the Apollo but am guessing the layout is pretty similar to the Lyric.

I think I covered my "Must See" list in my previous post but I realize that everyone has their own tastes and preferences.  Didn't see Matilda this trip but have seen it several times in the past and it's always an enjoyable show.  I'm always amazed at the young talent that is out there.

Enjoy your trip and be sure to report back in afterwards.  Always enjoy hearing about others experiences.

Theatre Fan3
#28Advice needed for upcoming London trip
Posted: 4/5/23 at 2:39pm

Jordan Catalano said: "So happy you had a great trip!! I still need to do that ABBA show!!"

Yes, you do!!  winkAnd if and when you do I want to hear what you thought of the experience.  smiley

Latest Posts