News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Audra McDonald, Marisha Wallace, and More to Star in Rodgers & Hammerstein 80th Anniversary Concert "My Favorite Things" in London

Audra McDonald, Marisha Wallace, and More to Star in Rodgers & Hammerstein 80th Anniversary Concert "My Favorite Things" in London

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#1Audra McDonald, Marisha Wallace, and More to Star in Rodgers & Hammerstein 80th Anniversary Concert "My Favorite Things" in London
Posted: 10/17/23 at 8:54am

The one-night-only concert will be held on December 12, 2023, at the Theatre Royal Drury Lane. So exciting!

https://concert.rodgersandhammerstein.com/

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

BorisTomashevsky
#2Audra McDonald, Marisha Wallace, and More to Star in Rodgers & Hammerstein 80th Anniversary Concert "My Favorite Things" in London
Posted: 6/9/24 at 7:47pm

Watching this on the PBS website right now. Patrick Wilson sings first and has flat notes all over the place and a few “crackly”/almost-losing-the-note sounds so maybe he wasn’t well. I’ve only heard him be right on the note in the past.
Audra shows up perfectly in tune but with a strange editing jump cut during My Favorite Things, so either it was edited for time or maybe there was some mistake in between.

Shubert Alley Cat Profile Photo
Shubert Alley Cat
#3Audra McDonald, Marisha Wallace, and More to Star in Rodgers & Hammerstein 80th Anniversary Concert "My Favorite Things" in London
Posted: 6/9/24 at 10:48pm

I found this entire concert to be pretty underwhelming and a big bore. Not even Audra could elevate it.  But when comparing the edit for PBS with the track listing for the recording, it is clear the PBS version does not follow the actual concert order and in fact many numbers were reordered and edited to match the pledge breaks.

Really had high expectations for this one but such a disappointment.

Dan6
#4Audra McDonald, Marisha Wallace, and More to Star in Rodgers & Hammerstein 80th Anniversary Concert "My Favorite Things" in London
Posted: 6/9/24 at 11:54pm

Shubert Alley Cat said: "I found this entire concert to be pretty underwhelming and a big bore. Not even Audra could elevate it. But when comparing the edit for PBS with the track listing for the recording, it is clear the PBS version does not follow the actual concert order and in fact many numbers were reordered and edited to match the pledge breaks.

Really had high expectations for this one but such a disappointment.
"

If you’re a PBS member, you can stream the entire 2 1/2 hour concert on the PBS website. It was also just released on Blu-ray and DVD. I thought it was wonderful in its uncut version, which is twice as long as the broadcast (which I clocked as 1:15 without the pledge breaks). 

Videos