News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Shubert Alley Cat

Shubert Alley Cat Profile Photo
Member Name: Shubert Alley Cat
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Telecharge interactive seating map issues?
 Jul 21 2024, 08:01:33 PM

The amount I hate their site is unreal.  Why can one not just hover over a seat and the price displays?  Nope.  One must zoom in multiple times just to see the seat price and then most of the seating is then out of view.  The design is trash.

Pre-Existing Condition by Marin Ireland
 Jul 18 2024, 10:00:57 PM

alexidarling15 said: "I bought a GA ticket for this week. Pricewas very reasonable andI assumed that if the theater only holds 60 seats, none could be all that bad (can anyone who has seen this weigh in?) I’m so excited to see Deirdre O’Connell."

All of the seats in this space should be fine.  If you did get a "reserved" seat they were either in the center section or in the first row of the side sections (that is where I was).  The res

THE OUTSIDERS Opening Night Critics’ Reviews
 Jul 18 2024, 02:10:20 PM

stagepotato said: "ACL2006 said: "stagepotato said: "To help quell rumors:

Brody and Brent are off for family events. Daryl is in Italy. Sky was off as well but I’m not sure why. No one has left. Just illness and vacations.
"

That's still a lot out. The Facebook post said they opened the Playbill and a lot of little u/s slips fell out. So many that they couldn't track who was out because there was so many slips.
"

Pre-Existing Condition by Marin Ireland
 Jul 17 2024, 03:17:44 PM

I saw it with Julia Chan.  The cast is terrific and the play is powerful.  I highly recommend it - also - I saw it on a Friday matinee at 3:30 for those of you who like to schedule multi-show days.  It is a very very intimate space.  At my performance many of the Stereophonic cast members were in attendance since it was that non-traditional show time.

Favorite spots for Pre-Broadway Drinks/Dinner
 Jul 3 2024, 05:00:09 PM

I make a visit to 44 & X (yes it’s at 44th and 10th avenue) on all of my theater trips.  It has a great food menu and the cocktail menu is fun as all the drinks are named after Broadway shows.  The location is great for dining prior to shows located on 44th/45th streets.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Jun 23 2024, 11:28:48 PM

Menken Fan said: "JSquared2 said: "Menken Fan said: "At tonight’s performance. Gayle is out, because of course she is. Half the leads in shows I’ve seen this week were out.

also, the lobby experience, pre show and entering the theatre are just as useless and infuriating as ever.
"

Gee, you sound like fun!

"

I really am. I just don't think this show and experience is.

The understudy I

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Previews
 Jun 21 2024, 11:46:45 PM

I just had the best time at this show.  This cast is giving its all . . . the choreography is hella good.  Besides the choreography this show’s book deserved a Tony nomination, too.  Sad more audiences won’t get to see this one because it is so much fun.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Jun 21 2024, 07:19:56 PM

Got am email today that Gayle is out for my performance tomorrow (Sat) evening.  Has she missed all week?  How is her standby/understudy?

FOLLIES at Carnegie Hall
 Jun 18 2024, 07:40:51 PM

I am selling one ticket to this concert for a very reasonable price — see my post on the Buy/Sell board.

This past weekend of understudies
 Jun 17 2024, 08:11:51 PM

Wick3 said: "No surprise here but Lindsey Mendez was out when we watched Merrily this past weekend."

Good grief I am so over her.

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
 Jun 17 2024, 08:05:40 PM

CATSNYrevival said: "Bill Snibson said: "I could see Taran Killam doing well in this role"

He couldn't handle Co@k.
"

That was a different guy - Taron Egerton.

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Opening Night Critics’ Revies
 Jun 17 2024, 11:24:36 AM

I am going on Tues June 25 so hope it makes it past this week.

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
 Jun 15 2024, 06:58:33 PM

PalJoey said: "In New York for a brief trip and can see Merrily either Friday or Saturday evening the 21st or 22nd. Is either onemore likely to have all 3 leads?"

I missed her twice - both on two-show days.  I went on a saturday and she missed both shows that day.  I went on a wednesday evening and she was out but I believe played the matinee.  I would recommend going on Friday.

What Tony Upset Are You Hoping For?
 Jun 13 2024, 07:37:40 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Rules are meant to be broken but I wanted to highlight a couple of interesting Tony stats I just discovered.

every Best Musical winner since 1980 has had all of the following:

• a Best Director nomination, except TITANIC
  • one or more Acting nominations, except TITANIC
  • a Best Book nomination, except FOSSE
  • a Best Score nomination IF ITS SCORE WAS NE
What Tony Upset Are You Hoping For?
 Jun 12 2024, 11:12:11 PM

RUkiddingme said: "I hope Bebe wins.

I didn't see Cabaret but when I paid full price to see Merrily Lindsey was out so I can't root for her.
"

I paid full price twice and she was out both times.  I am actively rooting against her.

Audra McDonald, Marisha Wallace, and More to Star in Rodgers & Hammerstein 80th Anniversary Concert "My Favorite Things" in London
 Jun 9 2024, 10:48:03 PM

I found this entire concert to be pretty underwhelming and a big bore. Not even Audra could elevate it.  But when comparing the edit for PBS with the track listing for the recording, it is clear the PBS version does not follow the actual concert order and in fact many numbers were reordered and edited to match the pledge breaks.

Really had high expectations for this one but such a disappointment.

What is the BEST Show You Have Seen on Broadway
 Jun 6 2024, 10:21:23 PM

ManOfLaMuncha said: "sheridan said: "Next to Normal

South Pacific

Rent

In the Heights

Les Miz

Come From Away

Beautiful
"

I saw In the Heights in the 90's and that was a really great show!
"

You must have seen a pretty early preview because IN THE HEIGHTS premiered on Broadway in the 2007-08 season.

SUFFS Previews
 Jun 1 2024, 10:24:18 PM

TaffyDavenport said: "Shubert Alley Cat said: "At what performances does Taub’s alternate go on as Alice Paul? Is there a set schedule?"

Currently, Hawley Gould isscheduled for Wednesday June 5 at 2p and Sunday June 23 at 3p. The dates can be found on the show's Telecharge page, under "About The Show."
"

Thanks, Taffy, as June 23rd is one of the days I was considering bringing my friend to see the show (I saw it early

SUFFS Previews
 Jun 1 2024, 08:53:00 PM

At what performances does Taub’s alternate go on as Alice Paul?  Is there a set schedule?

& JULIET On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
 May 31 2024, 08:04:53 PM

Would front row (Row A) on the aisle be ok?  Is the stage super high at the sondheim?  I got a booster when I saw DEH at the Music Box from this similar seat location so I am not ashamed asking for one.  Thanks for any thoughts on this seating location.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You