News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Listener

Member Name: Listener
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
 Jun 21 2024, 09:29:06 PM

chernjam said: "Listener said: "

Why did someone say Andrew had nothing to do with this version? I assumed he set it all up for Sarah at great expense."

Sarah had said in interviews that Opera Australia had approached her to do Sunset Blvd - after that she had asked ALW his opinion and he had encouraged her to do it, but it seems that this production is being solely produced and conceived by OperaAustralia.

ALW seems finally to be t

Jun 21 2024, 03:42:13 PM

Ensemble1716440075 said: "They are already transferring the minimalistic one, why do people keep saying they want to see this transfer to Broadway?"

It obviously won't go to NY with the other version already happening. But Toronto would be a smart place to take this physical production and start fresh with a new leading lady. It'd be close enough for the NYers to reach.

Why did someone say Andrew had nothing to do with this version? I assumed he set it

Jun 21 2024, 03:36:51 PM

Dylan Smith4 said: "I managed to see her last winter during her holiday tour. When she sang the title song from Phantom, my inner theatre geek was freaking out. While I was not alive yet during her phantom years, I can safely say that seeing her still being able tobelt that out at her age is truly remarkable."

Um...doesn't she lip synch that number? Her voice is far too deep now to approximate her youthful Christine tone.

Rush Lines- What time to go for various shows
 Jun 21 2024, 02:20:34 AM

Be careful with asking about leg room for Illinoise. Some of the seats have almost none.

'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
 Jun 21 2024, 02:15:58 AM

Broadway Flash said: "Wow cats and sunset boulevard were both on broadway in the same season 8 years ago. Both were not nominated for best revival last time and yet these new revivals are so beloved. "

You mean the Glenn revival?

FOLLIES at Carnegie Hall
 Jun 21 2024, 12:59:13 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "I just loved it tonight. As great as Norm was (and always is), I so badly wanted to hear Kudisch sing “Too Many Mornings”. But hard to find any fault in any of the performances tonight.

And even though she’s a conspiracy theorist friend of Alex Jones, hearing Ebersole sing is always a glorious experience.
"

Yikes! The frogs guy? Ummmm.....

I figured from your earlier post Jordan that you too were a bit l

THE GREAT GATSBY Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 Jun 21 2024, 12:54:34 AM

Thanks for posting these!

The lyrics are definitely a touch flat in this show, almost cheesy, but the performances are great. It's a talented cast.

I'm disappointed to hear Jordan really overdoing his tics in "Past". It's a huge song and he sings it brilliantly live, but the recording is very...OTT with the breathing and acting, etc. Am I the only one a little disappointed?

FOLLIES at Carnegie Hall
 Jun 21 2024, 12:20:43 AM

Delete

ANNIE returns to NYC at the Theatre at MSG for the 2024 holiday season; tour will switch from non-Eq to Equity
 Jun 21 2024, 12:00:58 AM

What's the current tour like?

FOLLIES at Carnegie Hall
 Jun 20 2024, 11:55:54 PM

Did Holliday suck in a big breath of air at some point during the song?

I really hope someone recorded this. It would be lovely to hear some of the renditions and stories.

Did they have a backdrop or something?

FOLLIES at Carnegie Hall
 Jun 19 2024, 08:27:32 PM

Think they'll decorate the stage? Or just leave it white as it usually is?

EMPIRE: THE MUSICAL set for New World Stages beginning in July
 Jun 1 2024, 01:37:50 AM

This sounds like a tourist trap show, and after seeing the pitiful New York, New York crash and burn, I'm not sure why they'd attempt this unless they were 200% certain the score and story were going to make audiences cheer.

So weird. New Yorkers aren't going to get excited about their own landmarks. Are they staging it just to see it through?

Jun 1 2024, 01:24:08 AM

Especially if they can't even give it away... *sung in Patti's voice*

Sarah is deeply loved, especially by us here, but the general public would probably be shocked to hear a quiet voice from her in what is supposed to be an exciting evening of musical theater.

That review posted in full seems to nail it. Thank you for sharing it with us.

I really would be curious to hear a review of the understudy(s).

I really dislike that her hair is always out and perfec

City Center’s MATTRESS transferring to Broadway this summer
 May 29 2024, 08:53:46 AM

Very excited for this. Seems like a perfect role for Sutton.

Any chance Beth L joins the cast now that Lempicka is over?

Frank Wildhorn rock musical 'Einstein: A Matter of Time' to premiere in Switzerland
 May 29 2024, 08:49:45 AM

Wildhorn is usually good for a song or two.

May 29 2024, 03:03:50 AM

It's a shame she isn't tearing into this a bit more. It's likely her last theatrical hurrah. Why not show people you've grown as an actress?

May 25 2024, 09:02:37 AM

Ditto! I'm eager to hear something, as I'm unlikely to see this production. Anyone who feels like being nice, its appreciated!

THE PREACHER'S WIFE by Tituss Burgess & More Set for Alliance Theatre 2023/24 Season
 May 24 2024, 08:17:44 PM

Hopeful to hear good things!

Best song in each new musical?
 May 24 2024, 04:11:04 PM

I kinda like that it's this surprise moment that unfolds without having been spoiled. Let the audience get chills, same way I did.

May 24 2024, 04:08:08 PM

Hahaha - touche!

I wasn't doubting you, just expressing surprise. Wish I could have been there with you. His speech afterwards was really moving. That one lady shouting "You're Perfection!" was speaking the truth.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You