News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Listener

Member Name: Listener
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SARAH BRIGHTMAN - injury
 Jul 11 2024, 02:18:41 PM

So Jordan...made your choice?

City Center’s MATTRESS transferring to Broadway this summer
 Jul 8 2024, 07:34:48 PM

Ana G will surely be a lot of fun in this, but I was really looking forward to finally seeing Harriet with Sutton, as a mini Millie reunion.

Urie is the casting I'm least confident about. No spoilers please but....does he work in his part?

Horror On Broadway?
 Jul 5 2024, 01:25:57 AM

James885 said: "I actually saw a production of Carrie a few years ago in Los Angeles that was very effective in terms of dialing up the horror elements of the story. That production was staged basicallyin-the-round, with the audience virtually in the middleto the action.

That was the production where Carrie mentally threw Chris over the audience up into the air to her death, right? I saw a clip of that and had chills! What was it like to witness in person? 

Horror On Broadway?
 Jul 5 2024, 01:18:50 AM

TheatreMonkey said: "carolinaguy said: "There was Frank Wildhorn’s musical version ofDraculaabout 20 years ago. That was a horror on Broadway, but not in the way this thread intended.

Carrie was the same.
"

While I totally get (and largely agree with) your assessment, I think that the "Eve Was Weak" sequence to be a truly wonderful, horrifying, and expertly done, scene in musical theatre. Betty Buckley le

City Center’s MATTRESS transferring to Broadway this summer
 Jul 2 2024, 10:26:33 PM

A Justified Bean said: "Kad said: "Listener said: "Very excited for this. Seems like a perfect role for Sutton.

Any chance Beth L joins the cast now that Lempicka is over?
"

Although she’d be great as the Queen, I would have to imagine that Harriet Harris would continue with that if she’s able to and if not they’d try to get a similar name in the role.
"

I agree shewould be fun for this role, but I

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
 Jul 2 2024, 09:40:10 AM

I'm honestly not too excited for this.

Audra's voice is so...thick. I don't hear it for Rose.

SARAH BRIGHTMAN - injury
 Jul 1 2024, 12:11:47 AM

Well, she's still in it!

Stephanie Mills Returns To Broadway In Hadestown
 Jun 30 2024, 12:56:24 PM

Jarethan said: "Malinda5000 said: "It’s too bad that no one is excited about this BroadwayIcon returning to the stage …it’s Audra Audra Audra."

IMO the words Icon and Legend should be stricken from the English language. Stephanie Mills was in two Broadway shows (one ran 80 performances) in her teens, and has not been on Broadway since. How does that make her a Broadway icon? I have nothing against Mills...Isaw her in The Wiz in 1975 an

LEMPICKA Reviews
 Jun 30 2024, 03:15:43 AM

I finally got around to watching this show (iykwim), but had to stop three times during act one.

Man, disjointed is really the word. The music is not easy or catchy or consistent, the costumes are....weird, the set is ok but a bit random, you never even see her real work.....and it all feels like an uninteresting coming out story.

....if you can't make this fascinating woman's life dynamic on the stage, stop and let someone else do it. Or rethink your approach.

Si

SARAH BRIGHTMAN - injury
 Jun 30 2024, 03:01:03 AM

JBradshaw said: "? Why is there so much Brightman dislike?"

I don't think there's anyone personally gunning for her ... it's just that there were obvious issues with casting her from the start and this outcome was avoidable if she and her people had figured out how to handle it before moving ahead.

Its a shame, honestly. I for one hoped she'd tear into it as an acting challenge.

How was she during the begging/screaming scenes?<

BroadwayWorld Announces Summer Madness Bracket - Best Musical: Losers Edition
 Jun 28 2024, 03:31:09 AM

So we're still voting for the show that we like best, so it can win Silver, essentially?

Please let it be Follies or Gypsy or something. I mean...Mean Girls, really?

SARAH BRIGHTMAN - injury
 Jun 28 2024, 03:28:35 AM

I feel like Sarah will return for the final performance just for the whooping and hollering. She's too proud to hide away, defeated, and let that be the story. She'll want to control the narrative for the sake of legacy.

I highly doubt there is any injury, except to her pride.

It's honestly a shame they didn't just stick to local talent for this and find a new belting Norma because the sets, score and costumes are all good.

I also hope Jor

Illinoise lottery seat locations
 Jun 25 2024, 08:07:32 PM

If they offer you a seat in the first row of the balcony, make sure it's not the extreme right as the legroom is nonexistant. You will also miss some of the set stuff happening upstage.

Broadway Cruise 3
 Jun 24 2024, 03:15:00 AM

How much did the cruise run you?

FOLLIES at Carnegie Hall
 Jun 24 2024, 03:12:04 AM

I just heard the Holliday version of ISH and wow, did the slower tempo really help her. She milked it beautifully, even at 9 minutes long. So nice!

Ebersole was good with IBE but there's a weird tempo change in the song that she and the orchestra didn't quite manage well. Still, her tone is great. She doesn't seem fragile enough for Sally though.

THE QUEEN OF VERSAILLES musical will have pre-Bway tryout this summer in Boston
 Jun 23 2024, 05:30:15 AM

This is such a weird project, IMHO, for Cheno to make her comeback with.

SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
 Jun 21 2024, 09:29:06 PM

chernjam said: "Listener said: "

Why did someone say Andrew had nothing to do with this version? I assumed he set it all up for Sarah at great expense."

Sarah had said in interviews that Opera Australia had approached her to do Sunset Blvd - after that she had asked ALW his opinion and he had encouraged her to do it, but it seems that this production is being solely produced and conceived by OperaAustralia.

ALW seems finally to be t

Jun 21 2024, 03:42:13 PM

Ensemble1716440075 said: "They are already transferring the minimalistic one, why do people keep saying they want to see this transfer to Broadway?"

It obviously won't go to NY with the other version already happening. But Toronto would be a smart place to take this physical production and start fresh with a new leading lady. It'd be close enough for the NYers to reach.

Why did someone say Andrew had nothing to do with this version? I assumed he set it

Jun 21 2024, 03:36:51 PM

Dylan Smith4 said: "I managed to see her last winter during her holiday tour. When she sang the title song from Phantom, my inner theatre geek was freaking out. While I was not alive yet during her phantom years, I can safely say that seeing her still being able tobelt that out at her age is truly remarkable."

Um...doesn't she lip synch that number? Her voice is far too deep now to approximate her youthful Christine tone.

Rush Lines- What time to go for various shows
 Jun 21 2024, 02:20:34 AM

Be careful with asking about leg room for Illinoise. Some of the seats have almost none.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You